+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbie View Post
    The stem seal design on the corsa vxr is not the same design as the astra vxr. the corsa seals are like a trumpet end and the seal is built into it. the base is retained by the valve spring. were the astra vxr seals are a completely different design that can be replaced with the same design as the Z16LER engine design.

i would do what others say check boost pipes for oil. also check hot side of the turbo by removing the downpipe.. if your noticing smoke on gear change i would suspect turbo as i've seen this twice just because you have low mileage one don't rule it out.. 9/10 times if you noticing smoke on a Z16ler engine it's turbo related. then again they usually running the standard BW turbo i had the same problem myself running a GTX2867R. if your getting a puff of smoke on start up i would suspect stem seals. but it's very rare on a Z16LER lump

Good Luck.
    Since misfiring I haven't really seen the smoke, so whichever cylinder isn't firing must be the one where the oil is getting in, however I have scanned and coming back with cylinder 4 misfire (obviously haha) so will be going from there, will also check the things you have mentioned, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DaNLocK View Post
    Since misfiring I haven't really seen the smoke, so whichever cylinder isn't firing must be the one where the oil is getting in, however I have scanned and coming back with cylinder 4 misfire (obviously haha) so will be going from there, will also check the things you have mentioned, thanks.
    yep sounds like piston 4 buddy, the piston has probably broken down and oil is passing the rings. keep us updated
    Clique 19
    Jacob Newman
    Rabbid Tunned 375BHP 330FTLBS - GTX2860R Shed Build

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbie View Post
    yep sounds like piston 4 buddy, the piston has probably broken down and oil is passing the rings. keep us updated
    Piston 4 on a forged engine 😱. Never heard that before, normally only std pistons that fail isn't it??
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

Quote Originally Posted by iamphil View Post
    Piston 4 on a forged engine 😱. Never heard that before, normally only std pistons that fail isn't it??
    It has been known for people to blow forged pistons aswell.

If it's P4, why the decent compression figures? Just doesn't add up. For oil to be getting past the pistons the compression must be down.
    Speed cameras and traffic wardens are a bad idea!

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    If it's P4, why the decent compression figures? Just doesn't add up. For oil to be getting past the pistons the compression must be down.
    Iíve posted about this in my post my compression was 180 psi so Iíve ruled out pistons Iíve got crap fuel consumption and chronic misfiring and bad idle but no fault codes, but I have all runny oil stuff think itís petrol as only 14mpg coming out the cat when itís revved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GPH69 View Post
    Iíve posted about this in my post my compression was 180 psi so Iíve ruled out pistons Iíve got crap fuel consumption and chronic misfiring and bad idle but no fault codes, but I have all runny oil stuff think itís petrol as only 14mpg coming out the cat when itís revved

Sounds like yours has possibly bent a valve allowing a lot of unburnt fuel down into the exhaust??

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by iamphil View Post
    Sounds like yours has possibly bent a valve allowing a lot of unburnt fuel down into the exhaust??
    If I let it warm up it runs perfect but I donít want to damage it so itís off to Rabbid on Tuesday for new injectors and remap once heís diagnosed it, if itís anything serious then it will be staying there till itís fixed, engine sounds sweet no rattles or anything donít think itís terminal

VXRacing ahead

If I let it warm up it runs perfect but I donít want to damage it so itís off to Rabbid on Tuesday for new injectors and remap once heís diagnosed it, if itís anything serious then it will be staying there till itís fixed, engine sounds sweet no rattles or anything donít think itís terminal

Thereís a video of a Corsa VXR on YouTube thatís doing exactly what mine is doing and he said his was a air leak but Iíve checked and canít find any Iím sure Rabbid will find loads wrong but heís a expert Iím not lol

Best of luck 😊

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast