+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by DaNLocK View Post
    Turns out piston 4 is smashed, not the typical p4 faliure however, no sign of a failed valve or con rod so question now is why has it failed in that way that it has. Block appears to be fine with no bore damage, however shells on all 4 rods have score marks on them, have absolutely no idea why it didn't show on the compression test.

I've been told it could be running slightly Rich and bore washed, and the petrol has broken down the oil. Would this not mean it's a map issue? I have asked Rich @ Rabbid and he has confirmed that when it was in for a health check around 6-8 weeks ago it was running spot on still
    Where they Wossner pistons??? I would put over fuelling down to the mapping, was it one of those "pop and bang" maps as I think they over fuel slightly.
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

Quote Originally Posted by iamphil View Post
    Where they Wossner pistons??? I would put over fuelling down to the mapping, was it one of those "pop and bang" maps as I think they over fuel slightly.
    Yeah mate wossner pistons. It's never had a "pop and bang map" It's on a gtx2863 mapped by rabbid running 435 bhp. Philip nichols recons overfuelling shouldn't cause the piston to shatter, however it could have washed the bores, causing the fuel to break down the oil then the oil may not have provided the right lubrication for the components. Taking my head, pistons and rods over to him tomorrow so he can check that nothing in the head has failed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4