+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Do you need a sports clutch if you map?

i'm so clueless but i'm learning, bought a Arctic Edition Vxr 3 weeks ago and it has slipped on me a few times after 10 minutes or so of driving it .. took it too a garage and they said it needs a new clutch but I bought it and the dealer said it has just had a new sports clutch added to it and the garage i took it too said you can't put a stock clutch on it because the car has been mapped, exhaust been decat and has sports intake and they're basically saying there is too much power for a standard clutch........

is this true??? because i'm looking at another VxR to buy (dealer said he'd give me money back on the vxr I bought) and it's advertised as fully forged 250bhp by WG Motorworks but has a stock clutch

will i need to put a sports clutch on this car if I bought it??? i'm so confused as to

Standard clutch should be fine for around 280 ft/lbs which you'll be running 280 or less @ stage 3 so shouldn't be a problem at all. Ran my standard clutch at 252 bhp 280 ftlbs for around 12-18 months before it started slipping.

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DaNLocK View Post
    Standard clutch should be fine for around 280 ft/lbs which you'll be running 280 or less @ stage 3 so shouldn't be a problem at all. Ran my standard clutch at 252 bhp 280 ftlbs for around 12-18 months before it started slipping.
    Okay, thats cool then hopefully the clutch on this one im looking at doesn't go within the first month like the one I just bought did

Thanks for reply

Quote Originally Posted by SeeOhEn View Post
    Okay, thats cool then hopefully the clutch on this one im looking at doesn't go within the first month like the one I just bought did

Thanks for reply
    It may depend how old the clutch is - mine's done about 50,000 and mapped but the torque is limited at 250. It does occasionally slip so if you're going past stage 2 I would consider getting a sports clutch
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

+ Reply to Thread