+ Reply to Thread

Default dashboard indentations

hi all,

been doing a bit of DIY. shot off to B&Q and returned with 24 lengths of 3x2 which were obviously loaded in through the tailgate, across the seats, and ended up on a cloth on top of the dashboard.

Once i unloaded the car i spotted 2 indentations in the dashboard where a corner of the lengths of wood has been pressing with weight on top. A week has gone by and they are still there !!!! Is there a magic wand anywhere which can be used to remove these pressure indentations or have I ruined the dash !!

is the crinkley stuff thats quite softish?

if so maybe try a heat gun or hair dryer to warm it up hoping that it might take its original shape back?

just an idea tho lol

VXRed

the heat of the sun will slowly fix it, I would leave it alone for now as you could do more damage with a heat gun.

I did exactly the same thing, and the mark was still there when I sold it, so I would say you're stuck with it. Personally, I wouldn't fancy using a heat gun on it.

thanks for all the replies. I will leave for now and see if the sun brings it back. I will try a hairdryer in a few weeks if the sun doesn't fix it. Failing that it looks like I have to be much more careful n the future as the car is a minter and I am gutted !!

bit of an update. The dents are definitely starting to fade so I am happy about that. They are possibly half the original size now so I have put the oxy-acetylene torch back into the garage !

+ Reply to Thread