+ Reply to Thread

Default Astra J VXR LED brake light failure

Hi everyone

So today I had a nasty surprise. I was following my wife home the other night and noticed the right hand brake light was not working. Worked out how to remove the assembly today and discovered that the combination tail/brake light is LED and doesn't feel like it can be removed.
    The indicator light is a bulb and is removed easily. The LED is larger in diameter and refuses to turn.
    I contacted my local Holden dealership and they say to bring the unit in since I have it disconnected. Their response is that they need it connected to the car and that they have to test the plug and wiring etc. before they can determine if the LED itself has died.
    Here's the kicker, they want to express post in the assembly which is around the $400 mark but can't tell me whether or not it is a warranty item or not?? The assembly is the whole unit, lenses and all.
    A call to customer care was a huge waste of time as the woman says she is not mechanically minded and can't tell me if a failed tail light assembly is covered under warranty or not.......wtf?
    Our car is a 2015 plate that has covered 23,000 km.

Has anyone else had experience with these LED assemblies?
    Surely we are not expected to pay $400 every time an LED bulb decides to ****** itself

H.
    2015 Holden Astra VXR

VXRed blooded

I have not heard of LED brake light failures, and using what I think may be the Vauxhall part code 13386257 and VALEO 044635 part code for the right hand cluster/housing, I could not find any mentions of a failure online, or for the left cluster/housing either.

If the brake light fails you should get at vehicle message '16 brake light failure' as mentioned on page 87 at,

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/d...nuary-2012.pdf

but don't know if bulb failure warning works for LED lights.

The price for this part at a UK Vauxhall dealer is similar, http://www.vauxhallsuperstore.co.uk/...using_13386257

Thanks for the reply Carbon.

We didn't get a message on the dash for the light failure, like you said, so probably to do with the LED. In our manual it says that the LED brake light version of the assembly has a non-replaceable bulb.......which is fine if it is supposed to be a long lasting unit. The lack of recorded similar failures would back that up.

Whether it turns out to be a warranty issue is what we are waiting on today, fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

H.
    2015 Holden Astra VXR

To follow up, we have been told today that the failed LED tail light is a warranty replacement item
    2015 Holden Astra VXR

VXRed blooded

Great, good to know the outcome, thanks.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by OZ OPLVXR View Post
    To follow up, we have been told today that the failed LED tail light is a warranty replacement item
    Good to hear that :-) would have been surprised they tried to make you pay on so long a milage car!

+ Reply to Thread