+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Corsa vxr ecu

VXRed

Default Corsa vxr ecu

Hi have a problem with ecu needs wiping and retuning. Failing that a new ecu is needed, I donít want to go all the way to my tuner to find I need a new ecu, so I was going to buy one off eBay. What would I need with the ecu eg. Code. The ecus tend to come with Speedo and stalks are these needed if ecu is going to be wiped and tuned? Finally the vxr e uses a different ecu and is obviously newer, will this fit the vxr d?
    Thanks

Default Corsa vxr ecu

If you can find an ecu all you need is code if it hasnít been reset, if it has already been reset then a good oc should program it in, some wonít get in immobiliser which is needed to reprogram.
    If you look on your ecu itíll have product no. Get the same one ,guesses like this
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163003813794
    The other bits if you canít get one separately sell.
    If your lucky might already be mapped ??

Or https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123079353738
    Stage two get eprom read from cim to get code cheap.
    http://www.jccars.co.uk/ecu_programming.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jon1796; 30th April 2018 at 08:48 PM.

VXRed

Thanks for the reply pretty sure my tuner can use an ecu with a security code I need a custom map due to size of injectors and other mods. I would like to try the new vxrs ecu as the a16 ones are not the best just wondered if it would fit can’t see why not if it’s being wiped anyway

Default Corsa vxr ecu

Donít think it will as the plugs are different and the size.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Vauxhall-CO...69/20007822015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

No it won’t has to be exact part number which is 55559856. Although I’ve searched this and it’s an ecu for the older z16 engines, checked with 2 dealers and is correct. All the a16 ecus I can find are different part numbers. I could send mine off for repair but will it maintain the map on there or be reset as my car won’t run on standard software due to size of the injectors.

Depends on what they repair, if they can read software they can extract it and rewrite to repaired ecu.
    But explain that to them clearly!!!!! So they donít rewrite oem software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

Your plans seem to be based on the assumption that your tuner will be able to code a new/used ECU to your car.

Given that Vauxhall struggle to know what their own Tech 2 tool does you need to check whether your tuner can has the tools to do this; its one thing to map a car but its another being able to get replacement modules to work with the car and having the required knowledge/tool to do that.

If they don't this is all irrelevant.

You should probably just get your ECU repaired, at least your know it will run with your car and the other modules on it.

If they wipe the software on it while doing that it doesn't sound like you'd be any worse of vs buying a new or used - i.e you still need to have it adjusted.

?

Its always a good to fix the problems you have first before introducing more unknowns into the equation.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

VXRed

The tuner can use a second hand ecu providing I have the 4 digit passcode. If the problem is corrupt software and no damage to the ecu my tuner can wipe ecu reinstall gm software and map the car again. If there is damage to ecu will either need to repaired or another ecu sourced.

My car will not run on oem software due to mods so I’d either have to leave car at the tuner or take another ecu with me just in case as tuner in a good 2 hour drive. I think it would be cost effective to purchase a second hand ecu and take with me rather than making numerous trips, problem is I can’t find one with the part no. and passcode, why are their so many different part numbers?

VXRed

Hi ! i hope you sort whatever problem you have , but i dont understand why you think you need another ecu . Could you maybe describe the problem with the car ?
    Trust No one!

VXRed

Car is only getting 30% boost the ecu is not requesting enough. Hopefully it’s just a glitch in the software and can be retuned but these ecus do go faulty due to the silly location, they are right on the engine so heat and vibrations can cause them to break. My car produced between 250-260bhp and is down to 165 now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast