+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

many years ago I put the car into the garage for a new camshaft. Picked the car up and was driving home when the oil filter came lose and spun off - bang - the engine seized. All over in a few seconds. The garage apologised and I had a complete rebuild done for free. I ended up with a better engine than I started off with !

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebill View Post
    many years ago I put the car into the garage for a new camshaft. Picked the car up and was driving home when the oil filter came lose and spun off - bang - the engine seized. All over in a few seconds. The garage apologised and I had a complete rebuild done for free. I ended up with a better engine than I started off with !
    Those were the days ..... honest tradesmen who took responsibility. ......
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Are you VXR enough? Nurburgring 223's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    From the garages perspective they fitted discs, pads and a bearing so did what they were asked.

Ok, they duffed the job but have subsequently put it right.

As long as they're not trying to charge you for the extra labour/parts to rectify their first mistake you should pay them, but just not go back.

Realistically the cause of the loose wheel bolts is a grey area anyway; most invoices will tell you the bolts need retorqued/checked after 30 miles when the wheels have been off....did you?
    Lol are you serious? if your wheel had almost fell off your car would you be happy? Would u consider that to be work well done?
    Astra VXR GTC, Summit White, Aero Pack, Performance Seat Pack, AFL's, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Tints! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DanMc View Post
    So car went back in on Tuesday, wire on the new wheel bearing had been rubbing on driveshaft which caused ABS and TC lights to come on.

Said to the guy I think if I just pay for the parts that would be fair, he said heíd get the owner to ring me.

5 minutes later get a call from owner saying Iím taking the p**s for offering just to pay for parts. Asked how Iím taking the p**s, my wheel nearly came off on the motorway. he apologised for what had happened and said heíll call me back tomorrow.

I think offering to pay just for the parts (wheel bearing plus discs and pads all round) was a reasonable offer?
    You are been more than reasonable
    Astra VXR GTC, Summit White, Aero Pack, Performance Seat Pack, AFL's, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Tints! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Nurburgring 223 View Post
    You are been more than reasonable
    Agreed.

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by Nurburgring 223 View Post
    Lol are you serious? if your wheel had almost fell off your car would you be happy? Would u consider that to be work well done?
    I am serious.

I wouldn't have been happy either but the point is the garage should be allowed the fix any problems...which they have actually done, and presumably all for the originally agreed cost.

In essence they did the work, and he got what he asked for albeit with some minor inconvenience. There was no damage, nobody was killed, no children were mowed down etc etc so he should pay up for the work he has received.

Where hes ****** up is he should have agreed a discount in advance BEFORE giving them the car back for the second time.

If he doesn't pay now they'd be quite entitled to get legal on him, again, because he actually got the work he asked for.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    I am serious.

I wouldn't have been happy either but the point is the garage should be allowed the fix any problems...which they have actually done, and presumably all for the originally agreed cost.

In essence they did the work, and he got what he asked for albeit with some minor inconvenience. There was no damage, nobody was killed, no children were mowed down etc etc so he should pay up for the work he has received.

Where hes ****** up is he should have agreed a discount in advance BEFORE giving them the car back for the second time.

If he doesn't pay now they'd be quite entitled to get legal on him, again, because he actually got the work he asked for.
    Yes i agree with getting the discount when giving the car back the second time BUT he shouldnt have been giving the car back if they had of done the job right!
    And yes no one waz hurt or killed but thats not the point, thay could have been!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2