+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Roof rail removel

Hi guys Does anybody know how to remove these strips, I don't mean pressing clip down to expose clip for roof rack, just mean the whole black strip thanks

I thought about this when I had mine as well but never followed up on it- I'd imagine the whole roof panel would need to be replaced though?
    Stage 3 Corsa VXR- Gone!
    Octavia VRS TSI MK3

VXR enough

Probably be exactly the same as Astra ones - they'll be plastic clips screwed to the car then the plastic will clip in;

http://www.opcclub.co.za/forum/showthread.php?tid=9390

Would imagine the chances of them being damaged on removal are extremely high!
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Hmm I'm not sure it's the same, I can see some plastic white clips, I touched one and it snapped very easily not sure which way the clips meant to turn, wrapping the roof gonna be awkward with these still in

slide a microfiber cloth under the end boot end so you have the trim in the middle of the cloth and pull upwards gently but firmly you can then work along the roof the clips sometimes snap but are easy enough to replace
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Where can I get replacement clips? The VX workshop guide how to remove these make no sense at all but will try your method, also the aerial... Am I right in assuming the inside roof is attached by Velcro? And that it can easily be reattached after removal? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Where can I get replacement clips? The VX workshop guide how to remove these make no sense at all but will try your method, also the aerial... Am I right in assuming the inside roof is attached by Velcro? And that it can easily be reattached after removal? Thanks
    The roof lining is held in by clips I think. I believe you can lower the lining at the rear near the boot lid just enough to change the aerial without dropping it all the way down. Have you tried LMF for your roof rail clips, if not you can get different pack's of clips on eBay by the hundreds.
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

I've searched for the clips online mate and can't find any. When I search ' corsa d roof rail gutter clips' there's just one single one on eBay for £3. Someone said they got clips from Vx back in 2011 but don't seem to see any nowadays for sale... Unless they are called something else. I've had look at rear roof lining and I think that should be ok, doesn't seem to pull down but will try with force when about to do job, will try not to crease it

VXR enough

There is a guide on UKCD for dropping the roof lining to replace the aerial base, might help?
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Yes it would do you have a link mate, as recently tried viewing posts on that site to be informed I must be a member! Tried registering only to keep getting stuck on process bit, something wrong with website

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast