+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXR enough

Yeah i cancelled the appointment late yesterday.

Drove home in my 1.4 getting 40 mpg with the heated seats and cruise on, then stood and stared at my SRI and realised in couldn't part with it...not for a Fiesta anyway - really dont like the dashboard in them.

I might chop the 1.4 in at some point, maybe, but it'll probably end up being for a last-of-the-line 1.3 CDTI Corsa D or maybe a Astra diesel.

I've had 5 Fords in a row in the past but am not 100% sold on their latest models, especially when their mpg claims are vastly inflated.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    Are you working on the Ford 'quoted' mpg figures??? If so, don't expect to get anywhere near them.
    Ford's 1.0T Ecoboost in the Focus was recently named and shamed as one of the worst real world mpg performers relative to the official claimed mpg.
    In fairness, Vauxhall's 1.0T was similar.
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 (2016), Vauxhall Viva SE-AC (2016).

VXR enough

I actually went and test drove it yesterday as i was working from home.

It was the 100ps so same bhp as my Corsa 1.4...yeah it felt a bit quicker at low revs but not that much to warrant all the hype and extra money over being an ecoboost. Cruise MPG didn't seem any better either driving the same roads as normal.

TBH it felt like a small diesel really...good pull initially then felt pretty flat top end, a bit dull.

Think i'll stick with my A14XER...
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2