+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Upgrade questions

Hello... My VXRracing i recently bought came with (unknown to me at time of purchase) a Courtenay Stage 2 package - bonus! It was owned by a previous member (petef) and he got figures of 279bhp and 325ft/lbs - no too shabby.

My question - if i have an induction kit (with crossover delete) fitted and put an intercooler on, what gains could i expect and will it need remapping?

Also, can I use the Stage 2 Airtec as i'd like to keep my aircon or do i even need the intercooler at all?

Thanks

Fit a airtec which will keep the a/c and then a remap to stage 3 , depends on your exhaust system fitted aswell, a crossover will not really gain but is more tidy and a aem dry filter or air box mod and panel filter will be ok.
    stage 3

VXRed

Ah ok... This is where I have to justify it all. Car is running 279bhp right now. Adding the Airtec and remapping to stage 3 will give me what, 20bhp? for like £800 (£1000 if induction included)
    Is +20bhp right or will it be more? Seems a lot of cash for not a great gain.

yes 279bhp is good for stage 2 if it is genuine but should be if done by courts , mine is stage 3 and making 285 but some make 300 at stage 3 depends on car and mods and tuner etc , so up to you to possibly gain another 20bhp.
    stage 3

Quote Originally Posted by DeekosRSV View Post
    Ah ok... This is where I have to justify it all. Car is running 279bhp right now. Adding the Airtec and remapping to stage 3 will give me what, 20bhp? for like £800 (£1000 if induction included)
    Is +20bhp right or will it be more? Seems a lot of cash for not a great gain.
    Personally I would slap a cooler on and leave it. Did this on my old Astra that was Stage 2 and with the cooler and no tweak you could feel a bit of difference and your temps will be better.

Chap above is right we figures though. Some make 300 and others don't. I'm Stage 3.5 on mine and I've had 297 and 300bhp on different rollers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread