+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE S View Post
    My car still has its lifetime warranty so shouldn't be a problem but my dealer can't supply a loan car for six weeks. They had my car in at the beginning of the month for a service & look at the seat . No codes present only 2 in the memory. The seat isn't covered anymore even though it was fixed less than a year ago.

I don't really want a remap because of the warranty. I might try another dealer to see if they are more helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    all parts and workmanship should be covered by their own 1 yr warranty by the part manufacturer and the tradesman doing the work regardless of the car warranty..push back and get the seat fixed.
    I had the thermostat replaced under warranty about 6 months ago and was told its got a 1yr warranty as did their workmanship even though my car warranty expired there in March.
    If you have the receipt of the repair just insist they fix it...up to them to chase the manufacturer for a defective part

VXRed

The problem is the repair on the seat was done under warranty & now the car is over 3 years old the lifetime warranty doesn't cover it. I am still going to carry on fighting it.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE S View Post
    The problem is the repair on the seat was done under warranty & now the car is over 3 years old the lifetime warranty doesn't cover it. I am still going to carry on fighting it.

doesnt matter... that only applies to requests for new work.... its a trading standards thing and nothing to do with the car original 3yr warranty time limit unless they fitted 2nd hand parts which should never happen under warranty conditions.... if they dig their heals in speak to citizens advice or get the actual manufacturers info off vauxhall and contact them directly

VXRed

I will thanks dealer hasnít really helped i will speak to trading standards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

I went from the insignia to the j and not a day went by that I didn't regret it pal , the j is a sh*theap in comparison , fuel economy ( for a 2.0 ) is garbage , the build quality is worse , they are underwhelming to drive in standard too , insignia's with a stage 1 map , filter and 2nd cat delete are fantastic , they have have it all , pace , noise , comfort , loads of room , 4x4 security / grip and look great too and will do 30+ MPG without too much effort , downsides are the size ! common faults like haldex , clutch , brakes can be costly but if you budget for these things possibly needing doing then I say go for it , buy carefully , there is all the info you need on here to pick up a cracker , good luck

VXRed

Thanks for the post . Iíve managed to get my Astra VXR seat fixed. I am still a little undecided what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2