+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Milltek VS Cobra

Morning everyone!

For the past 5 months I've been trying to decide what exhaust I want for my VXR.

I've finally narrowed it down to three systems

Cobra 3" Turbo Back Double Decat Resonated
    Milltek 2.5" Cat Back Non-Resonated w/ TX precat delete and Cobra 2.5" Decat
    Milltek 2.5" Cat Back Resonated w/ TX precat delete and Cobra 2.5" Decat

Does anyone have one of these systems? If you do please leave a comment about whether it drones and how nice it sounds and whether you get a lot of pops and bangs <3

I would of loved a Remus but the cost of them are to expensive and the ones I find for good prices are usually when I have no money lol

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDunsby1998 View Post
    Morning everyone!

For the past 5 months I've been trying to decide what exhaust I want for my VXR.

I've finally narrowed it down to three systems

Cobra 3" Turbo Back Double Decat Resonated
    Milltek 2.5" Cat Back Non-Resonated w/ TX precat delete and Cobra 2.5" Decat
    Milltek 2.5" Cat Back Resonated w/ TX precat delete and Cobra 2.5" Decat

Does anyone have one of these systems? If you do please leave a comment about whether it drones and how nice it sounds and whether you get a lot of pops and bangs <3

I would of loved a Remus but the cost of them are to expensive and the ones I find for good prices are usually when I have no money lol
    i have a remus and im wasnt impressed.Yes i get pops and bangs but they are not on demand....however before i had a 2.5" back box delete centre resonator deleted and double decat i want LOUD and proud lol

So im gna go for the Cobra 3" Non Res Double Decat.....from reviews they Drone a fair bit but i love the droning noise lol

VXRed

Thumbs up Milltek gets my vote

I have a non-resonated 2.5" Milltek system with TX decat (not sure what my precat is, possibly Milltek as well) - not quite what you were asking but here's my thoughts. Low revs, quiet but a nice burble. Open it up and it sounds nice, drone level is more than bearable. I listened to a few Cobra systems before I got mine and it was just too asbo for my liking. Mine used to pop and bang loads until I had it mapped (standard to stage 3), now I get very few but a nice run-down popping sound instead.

Only downside is it takes a lot of adjustment when fitted, they all seem to knock on the rear bumper. Mines been adjusted a couple of times and each time it goes back to knocking. Don't know if the Cobra is as bad for this, but otherwise I find Milltek is generally very good quality.
    I did it...I got me one!

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by chodiddly View Post
    i have a remus and im wasnt impressed.Yes i get pops and bangs but they are not on demand....however before i had a 2.5" back box delete centre resonator deleted and double decat i want LOUD and proud lol

So im gna go for the Cobra 3" Non Res Double Decat.....from reviews they Drone a fair bit but i love the droning noise lol
    Cheers for the reply mate I really don't want a drone again lol I've just got rid of my car with a drone so wouldn't want to do it to this car

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by colligreen View Post
    I have a non-resonated 2.5" Milltek system with TX decat (not sure what my precat is, possibly Milltek as well) - not quite what you were asking but here's my thoughts. Low revs, quiet but a nice burble. Open it up and it sounds nice, drone level is more than bearable. I listened to a few Cobra systems before I got mine and it was just too asbo for my liking. Mine used to pop and bang loads until I had it mapped (standard to stage 3), now I get very few but a nice run-down popping sound instead.

Only downside is it takes a lot of adjustment when fitted, they all seem to knock on the rear bumper. Mines been adjusted a couple of times and each time it goes back to knocking. Don't know if the Cobra is as bad for this, but otherwise I find Milltek is generally very good quality.
    You live local to Bromley or Croydon by anychance mate?

I have a cobra non res, good system but not the best tone - piper is better imo. Will drone on motorway etc but either embrace the noise or stick the radio on (loud)
    Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by X8 DUD View Post
    I have a cobra non res, good system but not the best tone - piper is better imo. Will drone on motorway etc but either embrace the noise or stick the radio on (loud)
    I've got a sub and upgraded speakers so I'm sure I can block out the drone if I'm by myself or with friends but the journey to work with family would be the only time I cant blast my music...that's why I'm looking for one without drone XD

You live local to bromley bud?

Same here, although tbh hardly have the music on. Noise tends to be a fight between my diff and the exhaust so I just dont bother. I dont use it everyday so thankfully not too fussed with the drone.

Find the drone fine if your in the front, passengers in the rear however always like to tell me it is really loud, so I dont have people in the back now

Live near Hampton Court, about 40 mins from bromley fella
    Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDunsby1998 View Post
    You live local to Bromley or Croydon by anychance mate?
    Nope but if you're ever down Plymouth way, any excuse for a drive!!!
    I did it...I got me one!

I had the milltek with a TX sport cat and it sounded superb

Avoid the Cobra if you like a nice tone they are just noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast