+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXR enough

You can ask on virtually any car forum and you'll get told Cobra is borderline too loud.

Its one thing to have free flowing but there needs to have been some thought to the tone as well otherwise it just sounds gash and gets annoying really fast if the car is a daily driver...for everyone in the vicinity!

Milltek each time IMO as they state they aim for a subtle/non boy racer tone plus they are proven quality.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by X8 DUD View Post
    Same here, although tbh hardly have the music on. Noise tends to be a fight between my diff and the exhaust so I just dont bother. I dont use it everyday so thankfully not too fussed with the drone.

Find the drone fine if your in the front, passengers in the rear however always like to tell me it is really loud, so I dont have people in the back now

Live near Hampton Court, about 40 mins from bromley fella
    Maybe we can meet up one day so I can hear the exhaust ?
    I've had my engine rebuilt due to my old cowboy mechanic, so I'm still wearing in the Valves but once I'm all sweet to go on the Motorways I'll give you a shout mate If you want my number to organise something just PM me

VXRed

Ry was your exhaust system Resonated or Non-Resonated. I've heard yours on your YouTube but I've always been told that videos don't do anything justice for sound which is right
    I'll probably be down near you soon as my heads been tightened down. I'll end up going King of the Ring one event I'll let you know.

u33db In my opinion the Milltek is nicer but the only thing that's pushing me towards the Cobra is the 3" system instead of a 2.5" system. This is mainly because I want loud pops and bangs with some flames but I'm stuck on figuring out how to get these at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDunsby1998 View Post
    Ry was your exhaust system Resonated or Non-Resonated. I've heard yours on your YouTube but I've always been told that videos don't do anything justice for sound which is right
    I'll probably be down near you soon as my heads been tightened down. I'll end up going King of the Ring one event I'll let you know.

u33db In my opinion the Milltek is nicer but the only thing that's pushing me towards the Cobra is the 3" system instead of a 2.5" system. This is mainly because I want loud pops and bangs with some flames but I'm stuck on figuring out how to get these at the moment
    ull probs get flames anwyay mate i used to on my old 2.5" system and also this remus i currently have.
    Just do a recording and obviously give it a fair bit of beans and ull know lol

r u planning on a remap at all?

Maybe we can meet up one day so I can hear the exhaust ?
    I've had my engine rebuilt due to my old cowboy mechanic, so I'm still wearing in the Valves but once I'm all sweet to go on the Motorways I'll give you a shout mate If you want my number to organise something just PM me
    Yeah can sort something out fella
    Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by chodiddly View Post
    ull probs get flames anwyay mate i used to on my old 2.5" system and also this remus i currently have.
    Just do a recording and obviously give it a fair bit of beans and ull know lol

r u planning on a remap at all?
    Down the line yeah I'll be looking at Remap but I won't be getting the Engine Forged so I'd only go to 300bhp max

Default Milltek VS Cobra

Ry was your exhaust system Resonated or Non-Resonated. I've heard yours on your YouTube but I've always been told that videos don't do anything justice for sound which is right 😊
    I'll probably be down near you soon as my heads been tightened down. I'll end up going King of the Ring one event 😊 I'll let you know.

Mine was Non res mate.

They aren't loud off boost and then give off a lovely sound when you put your foot down.

I preferred it over my Remus tbh!

Let me know when you are KOTR

Me and some of the boys go there for a pint sometimes as it's really local for us. I'd like to get there a couple of time before I move up north 👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    Mine was Non res mate.

They aren't loud off boost and then give off a lovely sound when you put your foot down.

I preferred it over my Remus tbh!

Sounds like Milltek is the current winner then

Course mate I'll let you know when I'm down

Cobra all day I find miltek systems whistle or is it just me haha

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Cobra utter garbage. Sound awful on the Astra. I've got a Cobra back box on my EP3 too and that's poor too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast