+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Clutch biting point

Hi all.

Had my VXR a month roughly now and noticed my biting point is right right right at the top of the pedal, however the clutch doesn’t slip at all and engages all gears perfectly. Even 4th gear plant it no slip at all?! Any way I can sort this? Drives me mad!

VXRed blooded

clutch slave or master may be wearing out or need bled.
    any tightness changing gears.. could just be getting enough pressure to release the pressure plate but only just.
    try bleeding the system

VXRed

No the gears feel fine, sometimes I feel they’re a little notchy but 99% of the time is okay, bleeding thebsystem how is this done on the VXR?

VXRed blooded

the bleed nipple is on the top front edge of the gearbox...just follow the hose but its a little difficult to get at and may need complete removal of the battery and its plastic box

VXRed

That’s not too much of an issue. I presume an EzeeBleed kit can be used? Worth flushing/changing the brake fluid at the same time too? And bleeding brakes through also

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by JaamesVXR View Post
    That’s not too much of an issue. I presume an EzeeBleed kit can be used? Worth flushing/changing the brake fluid at the same time too? And bleeding brakes through also
    theres no harm in doing it all anyway...easibleed work ok , just be sure to operate the pedals at some point to clean out any old fluid / air in the master cylinders.
    even if it doesn't resolve your problem its routine maintenance that usually gets ignored as most think its a big costly job.

VXRed

Yes exactly. I have an electronic brake fluid tester. Will check the condition of the fluid to see if it’s beenchanged (very much doubt it!)

+ Reply to Thread