+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

looks complicated hope everything works out , its good to see how the gearbox actually looks. shame you not from round here to help or do mine

Good pics them mate explains alot
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

YouTube channel :yoda racing

Instagram yoda_craig85

VXRed blooded

Did you consider fitting one of the revised end cases with bigger bearings just done it to mine

The general consensus seems to be if your doing gearbox work its a no brainer

The revised end case is by no means a bulletproof fix but apparently with regular oil changes it gives the box a fighting chance
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

VXR enough

I did but i had already bought the bearings for the original case so just decided to go ahead with that.

I'm away to order a tool to push the bearing back on so it'll be next weekend now before there is progress again.

I'm think i'm just going to finish the bearing i've done and put it back together as the other 2 don't seem to bad, although one of the cogs is damaged.

TBH the other half is also getting annoyed at me spending my weekend either doing this car, the other one or the motorbike so need it roadworthy again.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXR enough

Update;

I ordered a better puller which I received today but there isn't any suitable place to screw onto the bell housing to use it as a pusher...bummer!

Timmee kindly advised via pm that he just uses the old bearing race as a bush then hammers the new bearing in via that so I tried that again and after getting some better leverage was able to drive it home!

However before doing that I wanted to test my new puller so i pulled the bearing I partially fitted on Saturday off again to test it so looks like I now have the correct tool...its a manual one which cost about 25 quid off Amazon but you can get a hydraulic 10 ton version for about 90 which would make it a lot easier - if anyone as attempts this job get one of these kits and not some ****** 3 claw screwfix one like I used at the weekend!

Pics below of tool, new bearing and circlip all fitted.

Tomorrow I just need to remove the old race from the end case them I'm good to refit everything on Saturday....apparently skyes pickvant do a special tool just for the race that but i'm just going to try dremmeling a cut into mine them levering it out.

Obviously this is just one bearing I'm doing but I don't think doing 3 we would be a problem now.

Tool;

Saturdays ebaring coming off;

Another new bearing on;

Circlip on;

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by u33db; 31st July 2018 at 08:29 PM.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXR enough

P.s. thanks again to timmee for the info!

VXR enough

Also note you might need heat to shift the bearings as well as the above tool...

glad to help
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

VXRed blooded

Have you also changed the largest bearing on the other side of the shaft?

Or have you only changed the 3 on the end case side
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

VXR enough

I'm only doing the 6th gear bearing on this occasion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast