+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help

VXRed

Default Help

Hello guy n gals, I need some help please. My Astra VXRacing isn't running well, not holding boost and stuttering when put foot down. I would like to try a coil pack ASAP. Does anyone have either a spare I can try or be willing to let me try theirs to hopefully identify the problem.
    Thank you in advance

Ian

Where are you
    07 Arden blue VXR(H). 3” scorpion turbo back, pipercross cone filter, front mounted intercooler. Running stage 2 map dyno tested at 290bhp 340 lb torque.
    Black rear diffuser, black boot trim, black tinted windows. Piano black console and steering wheel trims. Carbon fibre dash trims.

VXRed

I'm in North Shields...
    I got one last night but it's made no difference. Looking at possible fuel pump/boost solenoid/recirc replacements now
    AFM graph is all over when car comes on boost (full throttle) she splutters and doesn't make full torque (150NM less than should be) and then runs lean on rest of power run.

Could be a possible map sensor
    07 Arden blue VXR(H). 3” scorpion turbo back, pipercross cone filter, front mounted intercooler. Running stage 2 map dyno tested at 290bhp 340 lb torque.
    Black rear diffuser, black boot trim, black tinted windows. Piano black console and steering wheel trims. Carbon fibre dash trims.

VXRed

Hmmmm...

If the map sensor is faulty you wouldn’t get full power and it would mess with fuel air ratios as it’s the sensor leading to throttle body

VXRed

Would it cause misfire though?

Default Help

How about spark plugs? When were they last done?

Worth checking all your boost hoses the lot too

VXRed

Plugs are new - bought a coil pack from a member on a Facebook group (but it made no difference so it could be a dud?) - i do keep popping a hose off, get the turkey warble...
    Installed a Courtenay boost gauge last night and runs at -30 at idle (-15 when hose pops off) but when boosting doesn't seem to pass +10 - is that right? Car is Courtenay Stage 2

I would try another coil pack mate.

A fella I know had the same issue recently and was the coilpck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast