+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Idling funny after first oil change (since forging)

Hey all,

As some of you know I Forged/Stage 4'd my VXR with Warren at WG Motorworks back in February.

She went in for her first oil change (after 1000miles as advised) today and she isn't right. She's idling 'lumpy' which I was totally not expecting. Bearing in mind, she's been babied by Warren who fitted new upgraded plugs, new injectors, new 80mm MAF and all the other bits.

She seems fine other the idle, boosting/running fine.

Any ideas?

VXRed

Oh and she was tuned by Richard at Rabbid also.

VXRed

I uploaded a video https://youtu.be/ak16B8f50JA take a look.

Looks normal on the video, but obviously some things are difficult to show properly in vids. Surely you got a warranty with the work done by WG? I would contact them for some advice before anyone else touches it and voids any warranty on their work. It could be something unrelated to their work, but they should be able to point you in the right direction on what to check.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

Deffo give Warren a call he will advise you what the possible issue could be did u get a garage to do the change ?? They might have knocked or caught something like a wire check all your connections are all ok in the engine bay etc also was your car cold in the video as your idle seems a little high
    Last edited by yodacraig; 17th May 2018 at 07:55 AM.
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

YouTube channel :yoda racing

Instagram yoda_craig85

warranty means nothing with WG, I spent around 16k Last June, barely drove the car as it's always broke down on my way home & now he said I need a new engine.
    His customer service is wonderful

Sorry to hear about your car bud, Hope it gets sorted
    Arden Astra with black bits

VXRed

Got hold of Warren, first thing he said was "Is the oil cap and dipstick on alright?". Got home from walking the dog and went out to have a look.....low and behold the oil cap was wonky. Started her up......back in business and purring like a cat.

How the ****** could a garage overlook something as simple as that, I've been worried sick about my car. *sigh of relief*. Anyhow, thanks for the replies.

Happy days mate maybe do oil changes yourself in future as u know it’s done right then
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

YouTube channel :yoda racing

Instagram yoda_craig85

VXR enough

Don't know why you'd spend all that money forging it then just hand it over to some general garage monkey for an oil change.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Glad to hear it was something as simple as that!

But yeah, do your Oil changes yourself. 30 mins of your time and you’ll know it’s been done correctly!
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

+ Reply to Thread