+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by scottpardy View Post
    thanks jasez28t I've seen your car on Courtney website what have you had done to it mines been mapped,stainless,uprated rear diff by tms running 390bhp on the vxr button I'm looking in to uprating the boost,turbo pipes and also looking into front mount intercooler any info on where to source silicone pipes would be much appreciated these car are difficult to find uprated parts for
    welcome . if your running 390bhp is this on the standard turbo ??and clutch ?

VXR newbie

I think so I brought it with it all done by the last owner he had it done about 6 months back by thorney motorsport he lived in walking distance of them I would say it is the standard clutch because the dual mass is a little noisy but am looking into options for a new set up to fit a complete new one there ain't any receipts I can see for a turbo to so assume that's standard to

VXRed blooded

thanks any chance you have a link or a picture of it
    TITAN SINTOFLUID FE SAE 75W for my 2015 model

http://fuchs-eu.lubricantadvisor.com...f2d7e567e38967

Feels good so far but be sure to check which model of gearbox you have as the amount of oils appears to differ.
    I drained what i could of the oil into a measuring jug ....generally it seems 1.8L is common from the factory but the consensus worldwide is that they need over 2L to work at their best...with a capacity for over 3L
    On draining i got 1.3L so added 2L to give around 2.5L in mine...feels lovely and gear changes are more precise

VXRed blooded

thanks jasez28t I've seen your car on Courtney website what have you had done to it mines been mapped,stainless,uprated rear diff by tms running 390bhp on the vxr button I'm looking in to uprating the boost,turbo pipes and also looking into front mount intercooler any info on where to source silicone pipes would be much appreciated these car are difficult to find uprated parts for
    if your genuinely at 390hp it should already have lots of upgrades otherwise everything is at or beyond its healthy limits....who claimed the 390hp
    Stock turbo and intercooler at being pushed too hard to hold that...engine MAP and MAF sensors could be maxed out.
    Exhaust would need to be already fully de-catted
    Clutch simply won't....may feel good now but might have been just changed by previous owner and if OEM part it won't last more than a few 1000miles.
    Mines only Stg 1 so 360 or so and it had the stock 20000 miles clutch for lunch within 500miles though even on stock power it was having a hard time.
    Haldex might hold together if disabling the Traction control all the time.

VXR newbie

the guy I brought the car off said 360bhp on the sport button but on the vxr button 390bhp I do have a print out on a dyno for 360bhp but can't find one for 390bhp so I'm not sure I do how ever think the clutch could be going well def the dmf I'm looking into uprated from Courtney but have to save up for it I've changed the gear box oil today because there was a gearbox sort of noise from 1st to 2nd and a little hard to get in to 2nd gear all the rest are ok but have read up and watch a video on dmf noise sounds very similar to mine the haldex was uprated by thorney motorsport less than a year ago still under warranty also he said the maf had been changed but im pretty sure turbo and intercooler are standard should i be worried what do you mean turning the traction control all the time what does it do thanks genman any advice on these cars would be very grateful as I'm new to this model and type of car

VXR newbie

hi genmen I have wrote back to you but I can't see the message did you get it ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2