+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Oil on P4 piston but compression ok?

Hi.

Was wondering if anyone has some input in this.

Basically got the car just over a month ago. It's standard 2010 a16 engine corsa vxr. Now I noticed there was a slight misfire when I first got it on acceleration around 3k but on boost its ok.
    No smoke at all, idling revving etc all no smoke at all.

First thing I did was a service, oil, plugs, filters etc. Ran good no misfires but a few days later it started again on revving misfiring at 3k ish as the plug was slightly fouled with oil again as was the piston head had a slight shin and wasn't Matt like the others.

Did a compression test all 4 are 170 ish give or take.

Now I noticed there oil on the intercooler pipes.

Just wondering what to check to eliminate what could be the cause? I'm baffled as there's no smoke at all but there is definetly some signs of oil on P4.

What could be letting by with said symptoms above? Rings, seals, turbo.

Thanks for any help as I'm baffled.

By the way I noticed what seems to be my rocker cover gasket is leaking around p4 but I'm not sure if it's relevant.
    Last edited by Necrofias; 24th May 2018 at 06:58 PM.

VXRed blooded

how much oil are you talking about... get a basic boroscope and have a look inside the cylinder at the whole crown.
    i got an ebay usb scope and its handy... just plugs into a laptop and works like a webcam... even has simple led lights built in.
    oil on the intercooler pipes is pretty coming with most turbo cars as the crankcase vapours condense in there.... some people use catch tanks for the breather to prevent that happening.

VXR newbie

Not a huge deal in the bottom of the pipes but on the bottom of the intercooler and the pipes going into it is soaked and that's outside. Might take it apart on the weekend. Will have to check that yeah hopefully will see no scoring but it's just weird I'm getting 0 smoke or oil consumption...

Thank you by the way.

+ Reply to Thread