+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed blooded

Default What kind of carís that?

Anyone else get this, donít often use the vxr but it came out today, Carbon black, absolutely gleaming in the sun, only thing done is a set of smoked chrome Opel badges and a set of carbon flaps, I know itís not the badges as it happened with the Vx badge as well!

As said out today for a bit of a drive, on three! I kid you not, three separate occasions Iím asked what kind if car is that?, vauxhall I tell them, whet kind? An Astra! ĎNo wayí is the reply every time! Thatís stunning! Have to say, never fails to shock me that so many people havnt a clue as to what it is and no Vx hate when that do, there are plenty of gtcís about but in my neck of the wood the vxr is a lesser spotted beast! Just shows Vx did a great job in making it stand out from the gtc which I still think is a great looking car!

Default What kind of carís that?

It's a great looking car and a great driving car it's just a shame they didn't sell like the H

Massive shame as the brand wouldn't be where it is if it had.

Badge snobbery and competition from other brands I blame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think vx ever marketed the model or GTC very well, so many potential customers didn't even know they existed.
    The new price was another off point and fairly heavy depreciation even made PCP deals expensive. Used, they are alot of car for the money.
    This whole end of VXR and the rebirth of GSi is just crazy. Most manufacturers don't build performance models to make big money, they are vital to providing the right image for the range though. Just don't see how these GSi models are going to attract anyone. There will be very little difference in insurance and running costs overall and the specs suggest that it's nothing more than a limited edition Corsa with a few more horses, a GSi badge and another £8k on top! If anything it will make the range look inferior to other compatible manufacturers.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    It's a great looking car and a great driving car it's just a shame they didn't sell like the H

Massive shame as the brand wouldn't be where it is if it had.

Badge snobbery and competition from other brands I blame

Badge snobbery mostly I feel, sad but true, vxr is on it way out, just glad I got one! Just over two years old and Iíve only put 3k miles on it! I need to get out more!

VXRed blooded

I remember back in the day I had a gsi Astra, it was top of the tree of the Astra range, vxr ca,e out a fair bit later, can’t really go back to the gsi, backwards step I feel, what’s next, the gte rebirth (had a 16v Astra too in the day, now that was a car back in the day!)

Are you VXR enough? Nurburgring 223's Avatar

Im due a change soon and wont even consider a GSI Always had a Vauxhall for the last 17years so dunno wats next, Golf R maybe
    Astra VXR GTC, Summit White, Aero Pack, Performance Seat Pack, AFL's, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Tints! SOLD

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Nurburgring 223 View Post
    Im due a change soon and wont even consider a GSI Always had a Vauxhall for the last 17years so dunno wats next, Golf R maybe
    I hear you, I bought mine so no intention of letting it go any time soon, if I was to go for another car I honestly donít know what Iíd get, possible an m4 coupe! Seen a dark grey one today, did look very well tbh!

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Cossers View Post
    . . . I bought mine so no intention of letting it go any time soon, if I was to go for another car I honestly donít know what Iíd get . . .
    +1

Iíve got a GTC VXR now and Iím already look at an A3 saloon mainly for practicality and more doors as Iíve got a little girl and a girl on the way too so need the space really as boots not big enough for 2 prams haha!

Always been a fan of vauxhall, started many moons ago with the astra sport then it carried on with the astra Sri 2.2, astra mk4 gsi, vectra vxr, astra gtc cdti, corsa e vxr now finally onto the astra j vxr! Just need a vxr8 to complete the range
    VX History: MK3 Astra Sport, MK4 Astra 2.2 SRI, MK4 ASTRA GSI, VECTRA VXR, Astra GTC (oil burner)

+ Reply to Thread