+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR newbie

Default My Vectra VXR and Tuning.

My Vectra VXR and Tuning.

It is an 08 Plate First registered in 09.

The Engine:

Z28NE*/ 2.8L V6 (280bhp) 206kw

Stuff done so far.

Uprated Radiator
    Strut Brace Fitted
    Stage 3 5 Paddle clutch Fitted and oil changed. (Gearbox oil was also changed)
    Brisk ER14YS Racing Spark Plugs @ 1.0mm gapping
    New Ignition Coils

Todo.

Upgrade Intercooler. (already have just need to fit)
    Upgrade Exhaust system. (On Way)
    Upgrade Front/Back Brakes.
    Upgrade Fuel Filter. (On Way)
    Upgrade Turbo & Manifold. (pref gt30 - gt35)
    Upgrade Differential
    Upgrade Camshafts
    Upgrade Injectors to 850cc & rail. (On Way)
    Upgrade Pistons & Rods <- Really struggling to get these can't find them anywhere all are for the z20nex range etc
    Add Oil Cooler.
    Upgrade Engine Mounts
    Add Subframe & Boot Brace
    Upgrade Suspension
    upgrade Head Gasket (On Way)
    Add NoS.
    Get ReMap.

The car can certainly move when I wish it too, I have no clue if previous owners messed around with it by getting remaps etc but all looked standard when bought.

I'm Hoping to Achieve 600 - 700+ Bhp Possibly more If I can. Will that be an option with all above obtained plus anything else I've missed I figured this to be the best place to ask.

PS. I Liked Spoons Vectra VXR
    Last edited by Nightz; 21st June 2018 at 06:34 PM.

VXRed

600-700bhp !! There is no way I would want to run that sort of power in a front wheel drive vectra. I think it would be a complete nightmare. I'm probably wrong but don't think I'd go much more than 380-400. There are a lot more knowledgeable people than me on here that could give you proper advice and point you in the right direction. Good luck with it mate, what ever you decide to do.

Agree with the comments above, running that amount of power through front wheel drive will at best waste most of it on finding traction and at worst could need new Drive Shafts every other week, you are better off trying it with an Insignia, even then I wouldn't want to go above 400hp

VXRed blooded

I had one running 361bhp 460ft lb with a Quaife LSD and that was a nightmare, the LSD didn't seem to do a great deal with that amount of power even.

Running 6-700bhp may be possible, but I don't think the feasibility of getting to that power is the important question, the question that should be asked is whether this is the right car to deploy that power usefully . . . I'm going with a no. You'll be wheel spinning in 3, 4th and possibly 5th gear. If you insist on doing this, I recommend going standalone ECU which you haven't mentioned in your shopping list. Devil Developments http://www.devildevelopments.co.uk/ have got the Focus RS 2.5 up to 700+ BHP with a Syvecs ECU http://www.syvecs.co.uk/ still with FWD setup. Bringing the power in in a controlled manner is the biggest challenge.

I assume you know that this is a £15k+ build based on my estimates. Also just noticed you haven't got an upgraded water radiator in your shopping list.

Another company you could try is http://rndmotorsport.co.uk/ who have built a RWD Astra Coupe running the same 2.8 engine as us. I think they're running 500+ bhp on standard internals.

VXR newbie

Ok So... So far I can gather that most think FW drives are not good for Power due to Traction Loss That kinda downs things a lil lol but shall proceed on wards anyway ha ha.

I do see what you mean as with my current setup the fw's spin in 1'st and 2nd quite aggressively if I put my foot down and the car yanks to whatever side it wishes too, But to me that's FUN just a pain in the **** when wet.

I've looked for parts so far at.

Courtney Sports
    Demon Tweaks
    Forge Motorsport
    JZW Tuning
    SAS Auto Customs
    KC Performance
    R&D Motosport
    Ebay

With a few bits and pieces ordered from a few of them.

I've already thought about upgrading my driveshafts to cope with all the stress. If it was upto me I'd forge the whole front end of the car Time Consuming maybe but worth it hell yes!!! I did think about the Insignia VXR but prefer the vectra Looks better imho Plus I like em.

And I will surely look into links posted.

Sorry forgot to mention I already have an Uprated Radiator Fitted. And money is not of concern. happily spend it on my Vectra VXR to wipe the smug look off peoples faces

Edit: I've also thought of adding weight to the front end and lowering the coils, Adjusting the coils at the back higher which should theoretically give me more traction off the line instead of the Engine Rising, Wheels Spinning and going nowhere fast
    Last edited by Nightz; 5th June 2018 at 02:22 PM.

Mate, if you want big gains like you say get a super car. you could push over 400 but really anything over this your adding NOS. with the simple upgrades like
    IC - Evo 6/7/8
    Turbo - 20T Hybrid, KRS Turbos
    Radiatior - DO88?
    Fuel injectors

will see good gains, next will be a decent mapper. Theres a few but ive heard good things about JZW from the saab owners.

Also consider the stopping power, all these upgrades are fine until you need to stop so bigger brakes and decent pads. Not heard of upgraded drive shafts before.

loads of additional things to consider, but with those few and a decent map you'll be on a winner.

dont forget chains either.....
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightz View Post
    Ok So... So far I can gather that most think FW drives are not good for Power due to Traction Loss That kinda downs things a lil lol but shall proceed on wards anyway ha ha.

I do see what you mean as with my current setup the fw's spin in 1'st and 2nd quite aggressively if I put my foot down and the car yanks to whatever side it wishes too, But to me that's FUN just a pain in the **** when wet.

I've looked for parts so far at.

Courtney Sports
    Demon Tweaks
    Forge Motorsport
    JZW Tuning
    SAS Auto Customs
    KC Performance
    R&D Motosport
    Ebay

With a few bits and pieces ordered from a few of them.

I've already thought about upgrading my driveshafts to cope with all the stress. If it was upto me I'd forge the whole front end of the car Time Consuming maybe but worth it hell yes!!! I did think about the Insignia VXR but prefer the vectra Looks better imho Plus I like em.

And I will surely look into links posted.

Sorry forgot to mention I already have an Uprated Radiator Fitted. And money is not of concern. happily spend it on my Vectra VXR to wipe the smug look off peoples faces

Edit: I've also thought of adding weight to the front end and lowering the coils, Adjusting the coils at the back higher which should theoretically give me more traction off the line instead of the Engine Rising, Wheels Spinning and going nowhere fast

Not sure if you're serious.
    You can't be.
    The lord gave his son, so you could own a Vectra.
    Anyone with a colour other than Arden, might end up in hell.
    Just sayin'.

VXRed

its more about the torque than the hp, its also very deopndent on how agressively that torque comes in

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Jones View Post
    Not sure if you're serious.
    You can't be.
    Let him price everything up first, then pick himself back up after fainting.....

OP- your looking at MEGA bucks for that lot and then run the big risk of it going bang! I took my Saab to JZW Stage 5, lasted 3k miles then threw a rod and it’s not worth fixing so I’m slowly getting the money together for another and swap everything over.

The furthest I’d go is:

20T billet upgrade
    Bigger IC
    550cc injectors
    3” turbo back system
    Quaife
    Clutch again....
    Decent brakes
    Tyres
    A reputable remapper, wouldn’t touch JZW again. My map was never 100% and a fare few JZW tunes cars have gone bang.
    Saab 9³ v6 Aero
    JZW Stage 5 tune, Insignia VXR turbo, 550cc injectors, Evo 90mm IC, 3" system
    Quaife LSD, CG777 paddle clutch, BPS Short Shifter, Eibachs, B8's, Michellin PS4

VXR newbie

Expenditure's So Far.

20" Alloys - £1445.00
    Bonnet Vents - £25.00
    Custom Manifold 517.00
    Clutch - £750.00
    Exhaust Rear Boxes - £557.28
    Fuel Injectors - £382.50
    Fuel Filter - £66.00
    Ignition Coils - £233.28
    Intercooler - £189.99
    Radiator - £333.80
    Spark Plugs - £47.94
    Sports Cat - £395.00
    Strut Brace - £84.99
    Wind Deflectors - £29.45

Total £5,057.23

I am more than capable of doing what I stated in the 1'st Post.

I have managed to source Forged Pistons & Rods Along with Camshaft hopefully too. The turbo will be ordered once the Manifold has arrived in roughly 3 - 4 weeks Time. JZW Tuning will have 0 to do with any map on my VXR, All that will be done by me Hopefully though the use of KessV2 and some coding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast