+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXRed blooded

Cool, custom manifold - is that intake or exhaust?
    What make/spec of sports cat did you go for?
    What fule filter is that? GM ones are about £9
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Wow. I wish you all the best bud and hope your car turns out the monster you are striving for. Think if you could achieve that kind of power, all your engine components, chains, clutch, gearbox and driveshafts would be under immense stress! You could possibly get the power that high with the right set up but not sure how long your engine would last.
    My Vauxhall history - 92 Cavalier GSI 2000 4x4, 99 Vectra B GSI, 04 Vectra C GSI, 08 Vectra VXR, 15 Insignia VXR

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    Cool, custom manifold - is that intake or exhaust?
    What make/spec of sports cat did you go for?
    What fule filter is that? GM ones are about £9
    That would be the Exhaust Manifold ready for the new Turbo.

My sports cat is from Courtney Sports but with the o2 senor covered as no need for it on pipe. The rest of the exhaust ie downpipe and backboxes etc are custom from Germany.

Fuel filter is a Sytec Motorsport High Flow Fuel Filter

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Nightz View Post
    That would be the Exhaust Manifold ready for the new Turbo.

My sports cat is from Courtney Sports but with the o2 senor covered as no need for it on pipe. The rest of the exhaust ie downpipe and backboxes etc are custom from Germany.

Fuel filter is a Sytec Motorsport High Flow Fuel Filter
    Any details on the manifold and sports cat as the one they sell for these cars is rated to 400 hp if i remember rightly.
    Vectra VXR estate 07

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    Any details on the manifold and sports cat as the one they sell for these cars is rated to 400 hp if i remember rightly.
    Yes it is for a GT30 Turbo I've mentioned to them what I wish to do with the car and that I would like quick responses yet with a well timed out boost if your with me, I will post pics once it is complete so you can see.

The Sports Cat is this -> https://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/VXR...CPI-Vectra-28T I'm not sure what bhp it's rated too tho. That is the only bit from CS I'm using for the Exhaust system the rest is coming from Germany Which will be a 3" Turbo Back system retaining the Vectra VXR Muffler Look at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightz View Post
    Expenditure's So Far.

20" Alloys - £1445.00
    Bonnet Vents - £25.00
    Custom Manifold 517.00
    Clutch - £750.00
    Exhaust Rear Boxes - £557.28
    Fuel Injectors - £382.50
    Fuel Filter - £66.00
    Ignition Coils - £233.28
    Intercooler - £189.99
    Radiator - £333.80
    Spark Plugs - £47.94
    Sports Cat - £395.00
    Strut Brace - £84.99
    Wind Deflectors - £29.45

Total £5,057.23

I am more than capable of doing what I stated in the 1'st Post.

I have managed to source Forged Pistons & Rods Along with Camshaft hopefully too. The turbo will be ordered once the Manifold has arrived in roughly 3 - 4 weeks Time. JZW Tuning will have 0 to do with any map on my VXR, All that will be done by me Hopefully though the use of KessV2 and some coding.
    Are you doing the work yourself? Thatíll save a TON of cash if you can do it. Sorry if I came across like a **** but Labour costs are huge on these. My clutch/diff upgrade alone cost around 2.5k in the end. Quaife (Abbott racing £800ish) clutch CG 777 kit £750 and Labour was around a grand as I set up the 666/777 kit/deal for the Vec/Saaab guys. I recon Iíve dumped 12-13k into mine, probably more! Mapping came to almost a grand...
    Your looking for some huge power there and some hefty torque. What clutch is on there? The only clutch I could find suitable for mine (circa 500ft/lbs) was the SPEC twin plate but this fell through so CG sorted one up to 650ft/lbs.

Manifolds. Whoís making these? I was quoted a grand and closer to £1,200 as thereís two of em!!.

Exhaust I paid over £900 for a 3Ē fully decat with 3Ē resonator & muffler delete.

Mapping. After my experience this is the one thing I would ask info on here. JZW who I use is well known in the Saab world for building some monster cars. My Aero was silly quick, 60-90 in 3 secs so would see off or scare a lot of exotica!!!.....but didnít last. If I was going again (hoping too!!) Iíll use Rabbid next.

Strut brace did absolutely FA on mine btw, just cut down in some dash creaks. Morning better spent on a decent wheel alignment! I fully (black) pollybushed mine & added a subframe brace plus Quaife.

Forged Piston/Rods/cams can be had from the states. Some monsters over there now. JZW was selling these.

Just one mode thing before I go. Think about how often you can drive at 100/120/150mph?? Having been there & done it with a 480-500bhp
    car Iíd much prefer something quick & usable sub 80/90mph vs a 100mph monster!

Honestly....18/19/20T & supporting mods. Quaife, good brakes, best Tyres you can fit. Pointles chasing number for bragging rights! Trust me.....youíll end up
    With a slower car day to day as you just canít use it.....
    Saab 9≥ v6 Aero
    JZW Stage 5 tune, Insignia VXR turbo, 550cc injectors, Evo 90mm IC, 3" system
    Quaife LSD, CG777 paddle clutch, BPS Short Shifter, Eibachs, B8's, Michellin PS4

Any updates on this mate?
    Saab 9≥ v6 Aero
    JZW Stage 5 tune, Insignia VXR turbo, 550cc injectors, Evo 90mm IC, 3" system
    Quaife LSD, CG777 paddle clutch, BPS Short Shifter, Eibachs, B8's, Michellin PS4

VXR newbie

Hi all,
    Iím also in the same situation in Denmark with my Vectra.
    What have I done at the beginning:
    -Upgrade radiator
    -Upgrade intercooler original fit
    -550 cc injectors
    -Irilium sparkplugs
    -Ignition colis,
    -T19 upgrade build on the original turbocharger
    -Single mass flywheel, and upgrade clutch.
    -OBD programming approx. 60 times on dyno , left me with 318 hp.

What we discovered was that the wastegate got forced open, due to the high pressure in the exhaust manifold.
    What we tried while we did the dyno runs:
    -Install westegate actuator from insignia VXR, didnít help.
    -Install upgrade actuator set to 2 bar. Didnít help.
    -Install de-cat downpipe. didnít help.

What have we done now:
    -Install new bigger intercooler(not original fit).
    -Install complete 3Ē exhaust system with 400 cell sport cat.
    -Welded new exhaust manifold and installed a GTX3071R turbo (Kinugawa, not Garratt )
    -Welded new air intake 3Ē.

I have done some few runs on the road, and I donít se the Horsepower give any problems, but the torque is, we limited it to 485nm but wasnít able to keep it, at all, after 3400 rpm(dropped to 261nm at 5500rpm) with the T19 setup. Another thing I did was remove some air from the front tires and that helped a lot on the grip.

- I had the same problem as you finding pistons and rods, but has decided to run with orginal.
    We have not programmed the ECU yet, because I canít find a proper answer on how many hp the Z28NET engine can run on stock internals.

Is there a user that have experience running 400 +?

All the other things done to the chassis is not relevant to mention to gain more power.

Finaly I wouldenít recommend running with NOS, try looking at methanol injection instead.

R
    Marck

VXRed blooded

A company in the UK has a Z28NET running 550+ bhp on standard internals. They are called RnD Motorsport. They have the engine in an Astra Coupe converted to RWD.

The modifications you describe should see you running over 350bhp, although my only concern is the turbocharger, by upgrading the original to T19, is that the same as installing the Insignia OPC turbocharger or a lower specification.

I had a previous Z28NET Vectra VXR running 361bhp and 460ftlb torque, that used Insiginia OPC turbocharger not a hybrid. Insignia turbocharger should go to 370-380bhp maximum, then you need a hybrid.

Have you replaced your timing chains, that can really hold the power back if they need doing, in fact I wouldn't tune a car without the chains being done, even the chains on the Insignia OPC are known to fail on the early cars 2009-2011 I think.

Exhaust manifolds, so which companys are providing them? I know you can buy a decent one from nordic tuning dalarna (sweden). Price was about 1600 euros

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2