+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed blooded

Default Work needed for MOT

Hi all,
    The Vectra is in the garage today for service and pre-MOT check, and I've just had the following email from them:

"Hi Tim

We have serviced the vectra this morning and it needs some work for mot.

It needs as follows:

LH front lower wishbone
    RH front lower wishbone
    RH rear trailing arm bush
    LH rear trailing arm bush
    2x rear indicator bulbs showing white light
    these all need doing before Mot

The LH rear shocker absorber is weeping too but will pass a Mot. The anti-roll bar bushes have sorted the harsh knocking but there is still a noise which is caused by the trailing arm bushes.

Cheers Andy"

Can you guys help with part numbers and/or info for sourcing good quality parts to replace? I think I know what lower wishbones are, they're the big arms? Less sure about rear trailing arm bush, do you change just the bush or complete arm?

VXRed

I recently replaced numerous arms and bushes on both my Vectra SRi hatches, so have notes on the GM part numbers and alternatives, though would need to check if the VXR components are the same.

You may want to make sure you know exactly what the garage means by "trailing arm" as there are three different arms on the back of a Vectra. The diagram on https://opel.7zap.com/en/car/z02/m/0/3-1/ will help you and will give you the GM part numbers.

You can then seek genuine or pattern replacements as desired.

On my cars I replaced the short arms and banana shaped ones with Febi replacements (easily obtained off Ebay) and the lower arms that support the springs got poly bushes.

VXRed blooded

There’s only one trailing arm and bush.

VXR’s are the same as every other vectra bar some minor parts which are not included in your need list.

Vectra c forum will have this info in abundance but to get the most up to date PN’s ask a dealer or GPS.

Also I would ask which part of the front wishbones have now worn as the bushes can be replaced.
    Vectra VXR estate 07

VXRed blooded

did all these magically happen in a year... how many miles since last MOT

Garages making a quick buck
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRed blooded

Unless the parts are actually ******. My question hasn't been answered yet, i thought my front suspension was all perfect from last years MOT until i started replacing driveshafts then found both sides the drop links have splits in the boots and a bottom ball joint boot is split to along with having to replace a dead hub.
    No garage has told me this its all my own eyes that have increased the bill for this job.
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    Mite as well dump the lump and swap in Audi lump and 4wd there getting 600-700 horses and you’ll get round a corner.
    I’m on stage 1 and loose grip in second in the dry so not even thinking about stage 2 as no point if I can’t get traction.
    What tyres you running?

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    What tyres you running?
    Wrong page but cheap ohh's, but still even premium tyres wouldn't change the toque factor.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    Wrong page but cheap ohh's, but still even premium tyres wouldn't change the toque factor.....
    You'd be surprised mate.

VXRed blooded

The car is in the garage today for the work to be done. He's supplying rear trailing arm bushes as they don't cost much, I have supplied front lower wishbones. I went for Meyle ones, and sourced them for under £74.00 each on ebay.

After this work has been done my only concern with MOT is the emissions, since the last MOT it's had precat decat and a 200CPI sports cat fitted. The engine mgt light has come on twice since fitting these parts with a code about catalyst threshold. I just disconnect the battery for 30 mins and code disappears. Longer term, a lambda spacer may be required but Courtenay say they have never experienced problems after fitting these parts. Ideally I'll get my stage 1 map tweaked to optimise the results of fitting the hardware, also have a huge FMIC fitted now since it was stage 1'd.

+ Reply to Thread