+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Diff Advice

Default Diff Advice

Hi all,

With an LSD on the shopping list for my Astra I'm looking for opinions on which to go for. I've had many many Vauxhalls and Opels but none that required an LSD. After driving my brothers Corsa Vxr with a wavetrac diff i couldn't believe the difference it made at getting the power down.

So Quaife and Wavetrac being the popular choices? Anyone using the M Factory one that RnD sell?

Cheers

Wavetrac is awesome mate. Only one I'd go for. Had a quaife before and didn't think much of it.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Wavetrac is awesome mate. Only one I'd go for. Had a quaife before and didn't think much of it.
    Aren't they the diffs that make the clicking noise all the time ?

Think they're plate diffs mate.

Ah ok I seen one on a video think it was someone here and it sound ridiculous, sounded like a stone that was in a tyre but 10 times louder

Wavetrac is a helical like a quaife, just a better design.

VXRed

Im very curious what is the real difference in use between Quaife and Wavetrac. After infamous situation with Wavetrac US from before 4 months i went Quaife. Im very suprised u didnt feel the difference Adam. For me it really transformed my car. It can be felt on every corner and even on a straight line.

Before i decided to eventually go Quaife, i had read many forums and comments. There is even a clip on yt where it can be seen that difference is close to none. I think that only benefit from Wavetrac is adding preload when launching from extremely diffrent surfaces.

But it just my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel8 View Post
    Im very curious what is the real difference in use between Quaife and Wavetrac. After infamous situation with Wavetrac US from before 4 months i went Quaife. Im very suprised u didnt feel the difference Adam. For me it really transformed my car. It can be felt on every corner and even on a straight line.

Before i decided to eventually go Quaife, i had read many forums and comments. There is even a clip on yt where it can be seen that difference is close to none. I think that only benefit from Wavetrac is adding preload when launching from extremely diffrent surfaces.

But it just my thought.

The reason I went Wavetrac (apart from a really good group buy price) was the suggested better road manners, the way it ramped up load was quite smooth in practice and although I never got to compare it to a Quaife equipped Astra VXR.

Astra

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel8 View Post

But it just my thought.
    The wavetrac is more advanced and can better distribute the drive between the 2 wheels. Read the description online, it explains it better than I can.

Be a man and go plated diff
    Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast