+ Reply to Thread

Thread: car wont start

Default car wont start

Hi, can anybody shed some light. Ive just gone to nip out somewhere and my car won't start. Its a keyless, and when i press the button, it makes a small noise, the dash board lights up then goes off again. If i just press the button to turn the ignition on then the dash lights up, but when i hold it to turn the engine on, it makes that noise and the lights go out, then back on again.

What could it be? I drove it yesterday with no issues, and of course use it everyday for work and have had no issues.

Cheers in advance.

The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar

Possibly the keyless/immobiliser is playing up I would say.
    Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

turned out the battery was dead. got my mum to use her RAC membership to get them out, changed the battery. apologies for the rather redundant thread, it was made in a panic. :O

Least you got it sorted

I'd just keep an eye on things unless you know exactly why the battery went so flat, could be something draining it?
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

Could be, but nothing has changed about my car for years, no new electronics fitted or anything. The RAC mechanic had some scathing words for the battery that was in, it was a 'Lion' branded one which according to him was one of the worst on the market. I haven't a clue, maybe he was just making sure i bought one of his extortionatly priced ones. I got a 'Varta' which is apparently one of the best. We'll see if it goes flat i suppose if something is draining it/them.

+ Reply to Thread