+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Anyone know this car???

Hi.

Been a while, Had astra vxr around 4 years ago and fancy another.

Anyone know this tuned astra? possibly viewing on Thursday.

Was going to get a standard one but would only end up doing loads to it lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...IAAOSwuHJbHygh

VXR newbie

Someone must know the car? Apparently it was Courtney mechanics car and he done all the work on it? Previous owner had it 5 years apparently and was kept in a heated garage. Meant to be viewing it tomorrow

Please don't create any further duplicate threads, if anyone knows anything they will see this one just as easily

Astra

VXR newbie

Default Would amount of owners put you off??

Car that is well specced i looking to arrange view/buy has 12 previous keepers.

Current owner claims that gentlemen he bought it off had it 5 years in a heated garage.

Also he says a member of staff from courtney used to own it and was on many shows.

Has tonnes of paperwork for everything with full service history.

It would depend on the age of the vehicle. It's reasonable to see several owners on a 7,8,9 year old car etc. Sometimes cars have registered owners changed for reasons of liability, tax etc and don't actually change in real terms.
    However, 12 owners is quite a few! It could be all perfectly legitimate, but it would put me off. There are masses of cars out there with a history that previous owners would like to be forgotten, accidents, faults, niggles etc. I would be thinking 'why doesn't anyone want to own this car for long'? Could it have something that is proving troublesome? So many owners will certainly devalue it, quite significantly and if you have doubts about it, so will those you eventually try to sell it to.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

VXR newbie

I know what your saying mate. Its an early bird 2005.

Here is a link to the car.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132659891...p2471758.m4704

I work on the basis that out of all the people you meet 10% are decent, trustworthy and honest, but 90% are complete ****** h***s, happy to sell their own grandmother for a few quid!!!
    The car has changed owner at an average rate of 1 per year. Some do change often, but I find it hard to believe that all the owners of this car have done that.
    Why, if it's sat in a heated garage is it being photographed at a motorway services???
    Why is it on a private plate??? It could be that the owner likes a private plate, or it's being used to make tracing the history (or part of it) a little more difficult.
    Why the short MOT??? If the car is perfectly roadworthy, a new MOT can be done for about £29 at National Tyres.
    Why sell by auction and on other sites??? Sounds like desperation tbh.
    I firmly believe in following your gut instinct, mine is that there's too many variables with this one, but only you can decide.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

Are you VXR enough? Nurburgring 223's Avatar

Nice list of mods on it but i cudnt buy it with 110k on the clock! You not ring courtney and ask?
    Astra VXR GTC, Summit White, Aero Pack, Performance Seat Pack, AFL's, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Tints! SOLD

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nurburgring 223 View Post
    Nice list of mods on it but i cudnt buy it with 110k on the clock! You not ring courtney and ask?
    You think that's too high mileage?? Had a full top end rebuild at 85k in 2016.

+ Reply to Thread