+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRacing ahead

Lol. What's plans on engine mods etc. You'll regret it lol. Be pulling box back out. Possibly could ask when coming to have it mapped to limit the torque to help prevent clutch slip. But defeats object imo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by knight vxr View Post
    You can keep dmf and get uprated clutch and cover 215mm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Only rated to ‘over 240ft/lbs’ so I don’t think I’d trust it to take 300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Have alot of big plans for the wee corsa I have the engine away getting bored out and the head skimmed, also have the following parts to go into it k04 hybrid, 79.5 wossner pistons and PEC rods, forge front mount intercooler, Bosch 612cc injectors, larger fuel pump and upgraded head gasket now just to get silicone coolant pipes and all the other wee gaskets and bits and pieces. But it's just getting the funds to finish it 😂 still not sure what clutch to put in it but it's probably going to be one from Courtenay

Are you VXR enough?

As above keep well away from CG clutches they have changed their name several times just type in reviews on google and you will see

I’ve had everything possible done to my stage 3 , gearbox and diff intercooler etc and want more power but not sure if I can cope with the rattle that the SMF flywheels are supposed to cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Mine is 310bhp 300lbs standard clutch is fine atm. Gm clutches are pretty good when it does slip I will upgrade it, but why change something if it’s working?

If you're going as far as to spend the cash putting a K04 on it then I'd say do it once and do it right; put in a SMF and a decent 240mm clutch like the Courtenay Sport one. If you put in a crappy clutch you'll just end up having it all out again. It's a lot of work to do or a lot of cash for labour if you're paying someone else to do it.

Put in something that will handle anything you can throw at it, then you can drive the car as hard as you want without having to worry about it. The "fast road" clutch I had fitted to my Astra is rated for more than the torque the car is making, but with decent tyres on a grippy road it burns the clutch on a hard launch on boost. Obviously thats a "worse case" scenario of really hammering the car, but come on, you don't own a car like this to drive it like miss daisy.
    Astra GSi ~ VXR Injectors / VXR 80mm AFM / VXR Turbo / CDTi Airbox / TS Recirc / K&N / 3" Piper Exhaust / CS FMIC / EBC YellowStuff / Bridgestone S001 / Bilstein B12 Pro-kit / Whiteline RARB
    CS Mapped 285 BHP / 340 Ft.lbs

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by vxr a16 View Post
    Mine is 310bhp 300lbs standard clutch is fine atm. Gm clutches are pretty good when it does slip I will upgrade it, but why change something if it’s working?
    Is your clutch totally OE?

Quote Originally Posted by vxr a16 View Post
    you is lucky mine slipped at stage 3
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

VXRed

Are single mass flywheels that bad to drive everyday?

Shouldn't be, it's what every car on the road has used for decades. You just have to make sure you use a sprung friction plate, else you'll have no damping in the driveline at all.
    Astra GSi ~ VXR Injectors / VXR 80mm AFM / VXR Turbo / CDTi Airbox / TS Recirc / K&N / 3" Piper Exhaust / CS FMIC / EBC YellowStuff / Bridgestone S001 / Bilstein B12 Pro-kit / Whiteline RARB
    CS Mapped 285 BHP / 340 Ft.lbs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast