+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Whilst SUV owners wouldn't have bought a VXR or the like, they were previously buying the mid range platforms that the VXRs have been based upon. It's regrettable that Vauxhall are killing off many saloon models, it's understandable, after all, they are a business and must produce cars that are going to sell in quantity.
    I feel that much of this following is due to the rise of not owning anything and just living by monthly payments. In turn, this has undoubtedly raised list prices artificially as people pay more attention to 'how much a month'.
    For those who prefer to buy, it is proving detrimental.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

How's all this changing to suv's going to affect the BTCC?!!! BSUVC doesn't have the same ring to it lol

It's a real shame, but it's the way the car world is moving, maybe kids born today and will look back in horror at how people could drive such small and percieved dangerous cars!

The GTC imo is still THE best looking 3 door hatch out there and I will dearly miss it.

I know it's a 5 door now, but my megane rs cup is being built today, so it's not all bad news, yeyyyyy

Regional Assistant - South Essex nurburgring24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    Yet to meet an SUV / people carrier / 4x4 tank owner that can actually drive or park the thing!
    Most are driven by people who clearly find them too big to drive but need the space for make-up, nail files, cereal bowls, 52 pushchairs and a handbag the size of a small town, and that's just the male drivers!
    In car parks, they leave you with 3cm to get in and out and they are truly HIDEOUS to look at.
    If you need so much space, why not get a van? Far more practical and they look better!
    Guess there are lots of insecure people out there who need something big to compensate for other, smaller things??
    I'm not a fan of Astra's, but if the alternative is an SUV....I'll take 3 Astra's please. Even an old Lada Riva would be preferable.
    Nearly finished my rant, but a message to all SUV owners out there....STOP BUYING THESE C**P CARS SO WE CAN HAVE THE VXR'S REBORN!!!!!
    I'll calm down now.
    You do talk some crap lol

Quote Originally Posted by nurburgring24 View Post
    You do talk some crap lol
    Maybe you should just run along to another forum where everyone has the same, very simplistic views as you.

Whilst SUV owners wouldn't have bought a VXR or the like, they were previously buying the mid range platforms that the VXRs have been based upon. It's regrettable that Vauxhall are killing off many saloon models, it's understandable, after all, they are a business and must produce cars that are going to sell in quantity.
    I feel that much of this following is due to the rise of not owning anything and just living by monthly payments. In turn, this has undoubtedly raised list prices artificially as people pay more attention to 'how much a month'.
    For those who prefer to buy, it is proving detrimental.

Look around all manufacturers are ditching 3dr Hatches, even saloons in general - if Ford can remove the Fiesta/Focus/Mondeo from their whole North American market just leaving a cross over Focus and the rest as SUV's and the Mustang then that tells you a step change has happened.

Most people have always paid per month whether that's todays PCP/lease or the older deposit and a loan method -it's just been going this way since the X5/Cayenne started off, they proved profitable so more people made them, then they statrted making the X3/Q3/Rav4 etc etc and now we have them flooding the smaller SUV market with more affordable models and over time these square boxes have become more stylised that general public will buy them

Astra

We need a new tvr cerbera, that bucked the failing coupe trend of the mid 90's
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRed blooded

Hoping my J VXR holds out until Nissan or someone gets around to making a +300 mile range 3dr Leaf Coupe Nismo or similar,

https://www.motor.es/fotos-noticias/...01741792_1.jpg

had enough of pootling along and forever changing gear in slow moving traffic in ever increasing 50/40/30/20mph zones, looking for something happy at slow speed with instantaneous full torque when required for my next car.
    Last edited by Carbon Flash; 16th June 2018 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    Look around all manufacturers are ditching 3dr Hatches, even saloons in general - if Ford can remove the Fiesta/Focus/Mondeo from their whole North American market just leaving a cross over Focus and the rest as SUV's and the Mustang then that tells you a step change has happened.

Most people have always paid per month whether that's todays PCP/lease or the older deposit and a loan method -it's just been going this way since the X5/Cayenne started off, they proved profitable so more people made them, then they statrted making the X3/Q3/Rav4 etc etc and now we have them flooding the smaller SUV market with more affordable models and over time these square boxes have become more stylised that general public will buy them
    Change has definitely happened, not for the better imo.
    I just can't see the appeal of these box tanks. Running costs are certainly higher and list prices for many exceed the prices of some very capable models offered by Mercedes, VAG, even Porsche.
    List prices of cars are now rarely referred to by manufacturers as these PCP deals have made them less relevant. Inevitably, manufacturers, with extensive research, calculate what a 5 year PCP monthly cost is acceptable to their customers. The list prices are largely adjusted to suit accordingly, generating more margin and is detrimental to those who prefer to live within their means, save up, avoid interest charges etc and maximise the value of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Flash View Post
    Hoping my J VXR holds out until Nissan or someone gets around to making a +300 mile range 3dr Leaf Coupe Nismo or similar,

https://www.motor.es/fotos-noticias/...01741792_1.jpg

had enough of pootling along and forever changing gear in slow moving traffic in ever increasing 50/40/30/20mph zones, looking for something happy at slow speed with instantaneous full torque when required for my next car.
    Nice looking car.
    How long before they make changes....add another 8 seats, use the chassis from a transit etc...all in the name of progress?
    The new supra is out this year, looks good, but I doubt it will be much fun in slow traffic.

Regional Assistant - South Essex nurburgring24's Avatar

Maybe you should just run along to another forum where everyone has the same, very simplistic views as you.
    Lol maybe you should spread your hate for everything accept yourself else where because you hate on everything which doesn’t appeal to you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast