+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56
  1. #21
    VXRed vocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th April 2015
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Vauxhall are simply falling into line with their new owners.

    I won't ever be buying another new Vauxhall, my next car is going to be a M2

  2. #22
    Regional Assistant - South Essex nurburgring24's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th September 2008
    Posts
    19,888

    Default

    I like the Hyundai i30 n very nice sound to it also

  3. #23
    VXR Nothing comes close IanJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Posts
    51,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    Change has definitely happened, not for the better imo.
    I just can't see the appeal of these box tanks. Running costs are certainly higher and list prices for many exceed the prices of some very capable models offered by Mercedes, VAG, even Porsche.
    List prices of cars are now rarely referred to by manufacturers as these PCP deals have made them less relevant. Inevitably, manufacturers, with extensive research, calculate what a 5 year PCP monthly cost is acceptable to their customers. The list prices are largely adjusted to suit accordingly, generating more margin and is detrimental to those who prefer to live within their means, save up, avoid interest charges etc and maximise the value of their money.

    If you use the Bank of England inflation calculator the price of new cars is pretty consistent to be honest, of course there's far more options you can tick or have to tick if you want the car you've tested or read a review of.
    Hmm not sure living "within your means" is owning your car outright, in fact for some people spending £200 a month on a nice new car makes more living within your means sense..... especially if it means you can use that cash you would have used to save and buy it outright on buying a house rather than renting etc


    Horse for courses and it's easier to accept that what might not be for you might be perfect for someone else, when I was looking to replace the H I contemplated a lot of the PCP/Lease deals and they were very tempting in the end I didn't pull the trigger and bought another new car 2/3rd deposit down in cash and the other 1/3rd I took a low interest loan which has 12months to run - it's what worked for me, but for others the thought of putting £20k+ down as a deposit makes no sense they'd rather use that for their business, paying off their mortgage etc etc - there's no same answer for everyone

    Astra

  4. #24
    VXR Nothing comes close IanJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Posts
    51,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nurburgring24 View Post
    I like the Hyundai i30 n very nice sound to it also

    As a 1st attempt it's quite impressive I agree, hopefully they sell enough to go again

    Astra

  5. #25
    Regional Assistant - South Essex nurburgring24's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th September 2008
    Posts
    19,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    As a 1st attempt it's quite impressive I agree, hopefully they sell enough to go again
    The only problem with it is price , nearly same ball park as mk3 rs

  6. #26
    VXR Adam"san" w20adm's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd June 2010
    Posts
    15,652

    Default

    Come on leaps and bounds hyundai and kia in recent years. I really like that v6 turbo 6 cylinder beast that kia made. Dvinell on here got one.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

  7. #27
    VXR Nothing comes close IanJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Posts
    51,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nurburgring24 View Post
    The only problem with it is price , nearly same ball park as mk3 rs

    Quick look on Autotrader shows them for good prices on "delivery" miles so probably just pre reg or discounted, £25k ish for less than 100 miles for the Performance version which should be £28.5k RRP

    Astra

  8. #28
    VXR Adam"san" w20adm's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd June 2010
    Posts
    15,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    If you use the Bank of England inflation calculator the price of new cars is pretty consistent to be honest, of course there's far more options you can tick or have to tick if you want the car you've tested or read a review of.
    Hmm not sure living "within your means" is owning your car outright, in fact for some people spending £200 a month on a nice new car makes more living within your means sense..... especially if it means you can use that cash you would have used to save and buy it outright on buying a house rather than renting etc


    Horse for courses and it's easier to accept that what might not be for you might be perfect for someone else, when I was looking to replace the H I contemplated a lot of the PCP/Lease deals and they were very tempting in the end I didn't pull the trigger and bought another new car 2/3rd deposit down in cash and the other 1/3rd I took a low interest loan which has 12months to run - it's what worked for me, but for others the thought of putting £20k+ down as a deposit makes no sense they'd rather use that for their business, paying off their mortgage etc etc - there's no same answer for everyone
    Inflation or whatever the reason. Cars are still way too expensive these days. To think you could get a latest hot hatch for just over 20k only 10 years ago. That was a hot hatch golden age in my book.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

  9. #29
    VXR Nothing comes close IanJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Posts
    51,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Inflation or whatever the reason. Cars are still way too expensive these days. To think you could get a latest hot hatch for just over 20k only 10 years ago. That was a hot hatch golden age in my book.

    £20k in 2007 works out as £26380 in 2017 money (the inflation calculator only has full years data)
    Pretty sure my brother considered a GTE16v back in 1989/90 at around £12k - that would be £28k in todays money!!!


    Like I said the true cost has been pretty consistent to be honest



    https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/mone...licy/inflation

    Astra

  10. #30
    Regional Assistant - South Essex nurburgring24's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th September 2008
    Posts
    19,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    £20k in 2007 works out as £26380 in 2017 money (the inflation calculator only has full years data)
    Pretty sure my brother considered a GTE16v back in 1989/90 at around £12k - that would be £28k in todays money!!!


    Like I said the true cost has been pretty consistent to be honest



    https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/mone...licy/inflation
    I paid 5k for my gte in 1998 , one owner from new 16v beauty wish I kept it along with my Williams but only paid 17k for the burg new

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts