+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Are you VXR enough?

Default ECU Part Number - 06 model 255 / ECU Fuse Location

Hi All,

Just after a bit of advice, I'm going to look at a new ECU for the car after it started doing the no crank when hot and throws up all sorts of codes.

Does anyone know which fuse under the bonnet controls the power to the ECU so I can pull that the next time it happens and see if it starts without a full battery disconnect to reset everything? Hopefully this will rule out the ABS pump being at fault.

Also, my ECU part number is 55561613, but I've located part number 55564078 which apparently services 55561613 and 55563982. Does anyone have experience of these part numbers?

I've found 55564078 from the states but it's on a Saab site but I assume this should be the same once programmed up.

Finally.... Does anyone have access to tech 2 who could unpair the existing ECU and program / pair a new one for me?

Long post but any info massively appreciated

Cheers
    Mike

VXRed blooded

Knowing where you are might help unless you don't mind driving 500 miles to someone with tech2?
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Are you VXR enough?

West Yorkshire

Are you VXR enough?

Nick - just tried to reply to you but your inbox is full :-)

Yeah go with them no.s the others 280 which won’t go.

If you can or have a good oc so you can into get into immobiliser five minutes.

http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/part/...6/41633,41631/

Ps you don’t have to unpair just remove it.
    I’ve got two I can chop and change as there programmed in, unplug and plug in the other and of we go.

All coms should point to no coms with ecu, from abs uec cim afl.

Face book, vectra vxr, Charlie Sturgeon might have one ?
    Last edited by Jon1796; 17th June 2018 at 08:10 PM.

VXRed blooded

As long as the map software version matches the ecu software version it will run, although I’ve never tried a different ecu version on a car yet
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Are you VXR enough?

Cheers, just ordered part 55564078 from the states so really hoping it will work. The codes I got were P0605 which I believe is ECU ROM error and a bunch of others with comms issues as the car was pretty much dead.

The part is from a SAAB site but its all GM and appears to be the 255bhp which is what I need. Got my fingers crossed that it will resolve the issue. As stupid as it sounds its like a reliably unreliable fault :-). It's a pain in the ****, but I know exactly when it's going to do it haha. Doh. Jon1976, dropped you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    As long as the map software version matches the ecu software version it will run, although I’ve never tried a different ecu version on a car yet
    Believe !!!

VXRed blooded

Cant you get the ecu repaired?

From what i saw during some mapping tests the ecu part number i got that matched mine held the same software version map so worked right away once paired.

Ive got standard 255 map files and a couple of stage 1 maps with various throttle response tweeks if you ever wanted to meet up and have it mapped?
    Vectra VXR estate 07

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast