+ Reply to Thread

Default So... I'm back again

3rd time lucky...

This is the third Astra VXR I've had. The first was an Astra H roughly 3 1/2 years ago, the second was about 1 1/2 years ago which was a white GTC VXR and now an almost carbon copy of that.

In between these I've had a Focus ST-3 which was really quite crap, a BMW 335i M-Sport convertible and a VW Touareg and it's nice to be back in the GTC!

So, a few questions...

> Does anyone recognise my 'new' one? Was this yours? (VU** *VJ
    > It looks to have had it's engine replaced around 35k, I thought it was the gearboxes that were poo? One owner from new and all services carried out at Thurlow Nunn including engine work. No idea where that dealer is but I hope they're not pants!!

Looking forwards to doing the usual to it

Olly
    POWAAA!!

POWAAA!!

VXRed

So you have had 6 cars within 3.5 years!? Wow! I hope your mortgage is paid off!!

Looks good though. I notice you have the AFL with it, which I love on mine! Got mine from Thurlow Nunn in Luton and they have been absolutely terrible. Had the sub frame brace put back on upside-down following a gearbox replacement, but the gearbox itself was fitted the correct way around at least!

I don't take my car to TN anymore, despite having 1 years left on the Network Q warranty. Would rather void the warranty than take my car there!

Either way, the engines are strong, so I can't imagine you'll need another one.

I've been driving 10 years this December and this is the 13th car

Glad to hear they're pants, fillsme with confidence! Haha well hopefully fingers crossed all will be well!
    POWAAA!!

VXRacing ahead

Welcome Back , you do like your cars!

Mate had a new st3 ,wanted an rs but couldn't wait, traded in a 2yr fiesta st,had the focus for a year ,went back to the fiesta st. Quite honestly i liked all 3 .Horses for courses.

I do indeed but there is something about the J VXR I love!

Yes I can't say I rate the Focus but it's all subjective. I'd like to try an RS but I still don't think it will have the same feel as when sitting in J...
    POWAAA!!

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by V*X*R View Post
    So you have had 6 cars within 3.5 years!? Wow! I hope your mortgage is paid off!!

Looks good though. I notice you have the AFL with it, which I love on mine! Got mine from Thurlow Nunn in Luton and they have been absolutely terrible. Had the sub frame brace put back on upside-down following a gearbox replacement, but the gearbox itself was fitted the correct way around at least!

I don't take my car to TN anymore, despite having 1 years left on the Network Q warranty. Would rather void the warranty than take my car there!

Either way, the engines are strong, so I can't imagine you'll need another one.
    No ducking way!

I had the EXACT same problem happen to me and it was at Thurlow Nunn in Luton as well. Utterly useless, never buying another Vauxhall again.

What was the 335 like ? I’ve been looking at them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Astonishing engine, chassis is refined but not sporty without mods

Meh, it was OK but got bored very very quickly, I like hairdryer power. A generally outdated car and somewhat boring to look at also. The only reason I got it was for the fact it was a convertible for the summer
    POWAAA!!

+ Reply to Thread