+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Most expensive tyres have a softer compound and do wear out quite quickly on the front and although they probably offer more grip once they have warmed up I'm not sure they are worth the often huge increase in cost over mid range tyres and the limited mileage they offer and having tried many different tyres I keep coming back to Vredestein Ultrac Vorti's, which give me good wear, the last pair lasted 19k miles and the grip is pretty good both wet & dry
    Last edited by Steveh24; 9th July 2018 at 10:35 AM.

I'm not sure they are worth the often huge increase in cost over mid range tyres
    Each to their own. I think they're worth every penny, and I'm not rolling in money. Having said that, I don't do lots of miles. I have more of an issue with my tyres lasting so long that they become hard from heat cycling and start to crack. Probably going to change out the T1Rs on the rear wheels for some Pilot Sport 4's. Can't get the 4S's in 215/40 for the GSi, and the S001's are perpetually out of stock everywhere, unless you buy the rock hard Audi AO version. They've still got like 4 or 5mm of tread left on them, but after 5 years they're pretty hard. Could probably still get a few quid for them on eBay!
    Astra GSi ~ VXR Injectors / VXR 80mm AFM / VXR Turbo / CDTi Airbox / TS Recirc / K&N / 3" Piper Exhaust / CS FMIC / EBC YellowStuff / Bridgestone S001 / Bilstein B12 Pro-kit / Whiteline RARB
    CS Mapped 285 BHP / 340 Ft.lbs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2