+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Toyo T1 tyres on a Vectra VXR

Hi all. The front tyres on my car finally wore out after 25k! In case this helps anyone, Toyo T1s are rock hard, tramline all over the shop and make a hell of a racket, particularly when they start to wear. I've had a new set of rear hubs sitting on a shelf for over a year and recently got my local garage to fit them (the bolts are tight, the heads are a bit small and I wasn't confident I could get the access and purchase needed to get them off without rounding them). No reduction in noise, it's the tyres! Never had a car where tyre choice makes so much difference. Lepsons in Gillingham were doing a promotion on Kumhos so I now have them on the front and they're so much nicer.

good to know mate. i think i have 1x kumo and 1 yoyo on the front and it drives me crazy due to not being symmetrical. but until they need replacing they'll have to do. i have P Zeros on the rears and cant fault them.
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Best tyres I've had on my VXR are the Avon ZZ5 and Vredestein Ultrac Vorti

T1-Sport or T1-R?

I've used the T1-R's all round, infact I still have them on the rear. They're alright, pretty good for the money. But they're crap compared to the big brand tyres like Michelin / Pirelli / Bridgestone. I'm using Bridgestone S001's (not the crap OE Audi versions thereof) and they're fantastic. Will probably stick a pair on the rear if/when I get my wheels refurbed. Might go for some AD08Rs and then stick the Bridgestones on the rear.
    Astra GSi ~ VXR Injectors / VXR 80mm AFM / VXR Turbo / CDTi Airbox / TS Recirc / K&N / 3" Piper Exhaust / CS FMIC / EBC YellowStuff / Bridgestone S001 / Bilstein B12 Pro-kit / Whiteline RARB
    CS Mapped 285 BHP / 340 Ft.lbs

I’m guessing the Saab is basically the same as the Vectra underneath?

I ran RS3’s for ages which were pretty good and cheap, soft sidewalls though and didn’t last long at stage 5! Swapped for PS4’s and these were in a different league. Fantastic grip, had to really abuse them to break traction. Just tons & tons of grip and really showed how good the Quaife was.
    Saab 9³ v6 Aero
    JZW Stage 5 tune, Insignia VXR turbo, 550cc injectors, Evo 90mm IC, 3" system
    Quaife LSD, CG777 paddle clutch, BPS Short Shifter, Eibachs, B8's, Michellin PS4

VXRed

They're T1 Sports. Yep, starting to see the point of big brand tyres.

I'm running Uniroyal Rainsport 3 on my Vectra VXR and can't fault them for the price.
    VxDC Derbyshire Regional Organiser. Find out more about the Vauxhall Drivers' Club.

I think the thing with tyres is that mediocre tyres never feel mediocre until you try something really good. The T1Rs felt great when I first fitted a set, as I'd only ever used budget brand tyres up to that point. Bare in mind that I'd never had a particularly powerful car; that first set was used on a 2.2 Astra SRi. They later went onto my current GSi, and struggled a bit with traction when accelerating hard. When I wore the front out I decided to fit something grippier, and so put my hand in my pocket for some tyres that cost over double the Toyo's.

I've got a pair of Bridgestone S001s on the front (proper ones like used on the Ferrari 458, not the rockhard Audi OEM ones, marked "AO"), and they're brilliant, massive amounts more grip that the Toyos. Something the Toyos do have going for them though is that when they do let go, they do so in a progressive controlled manner, so you just get a little oversteer or understeer, rather than ending up backwards in a hedge or nose first into a tree.

Tyres like AD08Rs or R888s must be phenomenal!
    Astra GSi ~ VXR Injectors / VXR 80mm AFM / VXR Turbo / CDTi Airbox / TS Recirc / K&N / 3" Piper Exhaust / CS FMIC / EBC YellowStuff / Bridgestone S001 / Bilstein B12 Pro-kit / Whiteline RARB
    CS Mapped 285 BHP / 340 Ft.lbs

I have used R888 on my Astra mk2 track car for a number of years & they are simply awesome. I've now moved to Dunlop DZ03 to try them & they feel even better than the R888!
    VxDC Derbyshire Regional Organiser. Find out more about the Vauxhall Drivers' Club.

Good to know about the toyos

I tried the continental sport contact 5 and 6 after having the Michelin pilot super sport, but both wear out way to quick on the Vxr.

The Michelin super sport doesn't like water, I found aquaplaning to be a real issue with them.

I'm currently using the new Michelin PS4S and I think it's the best tyre I've used.
    It aint about how hard you hit............ its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast