+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Fly Wheel Advice after Stage 1 clutch

Hi All,

Clutch in my Astra J VXR started to slip so I recently upgraded to a stage 1 clutch (wg motorworks). When the original clutch was stripped off, I was informed that the dual mass fly wheel has quite a bit of play on it. I was told that whilst the car was stripped, they could put a single mass fly wheel in however this would cause gearbox chatter when the car is sitting idle - so I decided against this.

Unfortunately they had no new dual mass fly wheels in stock, so I decided to stick with the original dual fly wheel - I was told it wasn’t knackered and would still last a decent period of time.

However, with the new performance clutch on, I've noticed that at low revs, there is rattling and when bringing up the clutch to find the bite and sometimes makes a slight clatter noise - I believe this is due to the new clutch and the play in the current dual mass flywheel (?). I also hear a clatter when starting the car up/after auto-stop

Has anyone got any suggestions regarding this? I don't really want a single mass flywheel if it'll cause gearbox chatter - what are peoples opinions of these? Would a new dual mass fly wheel resolve this, or with the performance clutch would that end up rattling like the current one? Has anyone had a stage 1 clutch put in along with a new DMF - does this rattle?

Cheers, A

hi,ii've had a stage 1 helix clutch fitted by WG motorworks 1 year ago on my astra h together with new stock DMF ,I have noticed chatter as well on idle when engine has warmed up but no rattling as I was aware of the issues with SMF ,I think it's to do with the pressure plate and cover so I assume it's normal ,I will ask warren tmoz to confirm

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by WHASSUPJOE View Post
    hi,ii've had a stage 1 helix clutch fitted by WG motorworks 1 year ago on my astra h together with new stock DMF ,I have noticed chatter as well on idle when engine has warmed up but no rattling as I was aware of the issues with SMF ,I think it's to do with the pressure plate and cover so I assume it's normal ,I will ask warren tmoz to confirm
    Thanks @WHASSUPJOE!
    Did you get a chance to speak to Warren about this?

+ Reply to Thread