+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Corsa Nurburgring Ed Grasshopper Green

Hi all,

Bought my first VXR today so thought i'd join. Details are as above, standard specification inside, half leather etc, no options that I can tell. Always wanted one since they were announced, kind of wished I had just got on with it, but I was doing tonnes of mileage back then so wasn't justifiable.
    Being an early model it comes with the non-tinted headlights, so will be swapping these out at some point. I won't be doing any engine mods, i'm not into that, though I may look to do a few cosmetic and practical changes.

I have a couple of questions;

- Are there any known issues with them that I ought to keep an eye out for?
    - Are the side door pillars with the logos still available? One looks a touch 'tired' though I can live with it. I remember them being available years ago but guessing probably not now?
    - Has anyone successfully retrofitted Bluetooth in the factory fitted sense, eg not a Parrot kit or otherwise?
    - Any recommendations for a car cleaning product to clean what I believe is stainless steel on the exhaust ports on the inside? It's clearly never been touched so might have a job and half here.

Looking forward to reading over some of the threads on here shortly

Welcome aboard VxRO
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

Welcome. Get some pictures up!
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Quote Originally Posted by Minismithy90 View Post
    Welcome. Get some pictures up!
    I will once I've worked out how to upload... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by srihaggis View Post
    I will once I've worked out how to upload... ;-)
    Try this link and add to Chrome http://chrome.google.com/webstore/de...flicjjgj?hl=en then you should be able to post pics....

Screenshot_20180625-125353.jpg

Hopefully that works... Will have another try later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by srihaggis View Post
    Hi all,

Bought my first VXR today so thought i'd join. Details are as above, standard specification inside, half leather etc, no options that I can tell. Always wanted one since they were announced, kind of wished I had just got on with it, but I was doing tonnes of mileage back then so wasn't justifiable.
    Being an early model it comes with the non-tinted headlights, so will be swapping these out at some point. I won't be doing any engine mods, i'm not into that, though I may look to do a few cosmetic and practical changes.

I have a couple of questions;

- Are there any known issues with them that I ought to keep an eye out for?
    - Are the side door pillars with the logos still available? One looks a touch 'tired' though I can live with it. I remember them being available years ago but guessing probably not now?
    - Has anyone successfully retrofitted Bluetooth in the factory fitted sense, eg not a Parrot kit or otherwise?
    - Any recommendations for a car cleaning product to clean what I believe is stainless steel on the exhaust ports on the inside? It's clearly never been touched so might have a job and half here.

Looking forward to reading over some of the threads on here shortly
    Congrats on getting yourself a Burg, they are fantastic cars!

To answer your questions....

- I would say the main issue is the gearbox on the Nurburgring's. It’s *really* important to have the gearbox oil changed EVERY year with the annual service – or every 20k miles, whichever comes first, due to the gearbox having the Drexler limited slip differential inside it. This is something that was not originally in the service schedule. Vauxhall changed the grade of gearbox oil for the car after so many gearboxes having problems and it became a serviceable item every year. But many dealerships simply do not seem to know this. So ensure it is done to keep it in top condition – they should use BOT303 oil (Vauxhall part #1940004). If it’s not done regularly, the gearbox will whine and could be damaged over a long period of time.
    -Speak to the Vauxhall parts department to see if they can still get these in but they won't be cheap!
    -Not sure about this
    -Autosol metal polish is what you want to do this my friend - and lots of elbow grease!

Enjoy!
    Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
    Check out my full video review *HERE*

Thanks for the info on the oil, i'll oversee that this is done on the next service. Autosol is good stuff, never thought about using that though, thought it would need something a bit more brutal!

Some more pics, if they work! Seems to be difficult to post photos on the web these days.
    Last edited by srihaggis; 15th July 2018 at 06:30 PM.

With thanks to 'Themadhouse', i've sussed how to put photos on here.

Took her out for a spin today, blimey she's a thirsty motor, but it's a superb machine. Traction control light came on a couple of times today (no harsh acceleration, just when I turned the engine on) - anyone have any ideas? After I turned the car off for a while and back on it dissapeared, then happened again in the afternoon.

Got such a soft spot for Grasshoper Green, looks fantastic Really not sure about ESP light, v odd.

Here are some photos of what Autosol can do for your pipes - this was from 6 years ago as it just came up on my Facebook memories today haha

Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
    Check out my full video review *HERE*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast