+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR newbie

Default Need advise please

Hi guys my 2 front shocks need replacing on my vectors vxr for £330 each!! It’s gonna be cheaper and more efficient to get coil overs all round but I have sensors on each corner, any ideas to bypass this pain in the backside? Your opinions will be greatly appreciated 👍👍

VXR newbie

Vectra!! Also it revs high and misfires, would that be down to a dodgy air mass meter?

Front dampers
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Need advise please

Revs high when you start or all the time as choke will kick up 1500 then drop slowly down. Missfire most likely coils and plugs. If you’re really unlucky Ecu or chains.
    You can turn ids off with t2 or oc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

I replaced all four of mine with genuine ones supplied by Courtenay. Hundreds cheaper than getting them from Vauxhall because Courtenay get them from Opel and bypass the Vx dealer markup.

VXRed blooded

if you want to get rid of IDS consider Bilstein B8 shocks with Eibach or H&R springs from these guys www.tuningteiletotal.com

VXR newbie

Nice one, I know it revs high when choke is on but it happens whilst slowing down changing down gear and sat in traffic, deffo gonna check them coil overs out when I get in, and for the miss fire hopefully nothing serious 👎👎 so I will get it checked out

VXRed

They do hang on to the revs between changes. They need a deliberate lifting of the right foot before you push the clutch in, like earlier than you would in most cars. But if she's racing in traffic it's likely a broken vacuum pipe at the back of the engine. Take the cover off, run the engine and if there's a leak back there you should be able to hear and feel whooshing. I found a one-way valve had broken, really cheap to replace from Vauxhall. Then when I did the plugs the other day I took out the fuel evap valves (I think that's what they are, cone shaped plugs in the back of the inlet manifold) and found one of the little o-ring seals on the end was shot. Replaced both with seals from a Halfords box set and she now idles better than ever.

Misfires are usually down to plugs and coils, try plugs firs and if its been remapped then should be 0.7/0.8 depending on plugs. Standard NGK ones are fine as are Denso IKH 24's. coils are pricey so need to be sure first.

it will hunt on idle as well which is normal, though too much and it could be fuel rail/injector related. if the EML light comes get the codes read first before clearing and post them up here or google them.

As above, the vac pipe are pretty week so be careful when changing plugs. you can sometimes hear a leak but a decent torch and mirror on the pipes will help. if you find broken pipes the easiest thing to do is change them for silicone hoses, also the plastic one way valves can be replaced for a few quid with alloy ones. much sturdier.
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by V6spike View Post
    Misfires are usually down to plugs and coils, try plugs firs and if its been remapped then should be 0.7/0.8 depending on plugs. Standard NGK ones are fine as are Denso IKH 24's. coils are pricey so need to be sure first.

it will hunt on idle as well which is normal, though too much and it could be fuel rail/injector related. if the EML light comes get the codes read first before clearing and post them up here or google them.

As above, the vac pipe are pretty week so be careful when changing plugs. you can sometimes hear a leak but a decent torch and mirror on the pipes will help. if you find broken pipes the easiest thing to do is change them for silicone hoses, also the plastic one way valves can be replaced for a few quid with alloy ones. much sturdier.
    Sorry to jump in, don't suppose you have an example of the alloy one way valves? My vacuum pump goes off every morning for up to 5 seconds so i'm losing that vacuum somewhere until its charged it again so I think a one way valve might be goosed. Going to replace all the plastic with silicone and the one way valves too. Do you recall how many there are off the top of your head? Might save me a little bit of time going out to count things up :-)

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast