Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR newbie

Default Is the dealership trying to screw me over?

Ok so i recently purchased a Corsa VXR for £3750 (cheap i know) and i expected a few running issues that i was willing to pay to repair but it ran perfectly fine... after around 5 days however i ended up with blue smoke out the back, turbo lag, engine misfire and warning lights on the dash not to mention oil being used at a rapid pace, my rev counter also started sticking for some random reason. I did a quick Diagnostic and it came back as piston 1 misfire. Took it to a friend i know who threw me a new coil pack and set of sparks in but nothing changed. So it was time to send it back to where i got it from to get it fixed. This is where it gets interesting. The car has been gone for 7 weeks now and this is where we are at.

at first they thought a small slit in the boost pipe was causing a lack of compression so they replaced it(lol). it didnt work, next they thought there was a crack in the gasket so off it went to get repaired. It still wasnt fixed. Next they replaced the piston rings, which was what i originally suggested could be wrong with it they also fitted some new sensors. He came back to me saying this appeared to fix my problem and in the mean time new clocks had been fitted. I thought this was the end of it but he said there still seems to be turbo lag. bearing in mind there was no lag the day i picked it up or the days leading up to the rings going... so he suggested a new turbo and obviously i said go ahead and this is around the week 5 mark. So now we have a conversation where he is telling me mechanically there cannot be anything else causing the turbo lag so its off to an electrician. At this point he is offering me my deposit back and a cancellation of my finance. Now im not stupid, i know if these parts and works are genuine its cost him a fair few quid by this point and i'm willing to let him exhaust every avenue to fix a problem i didnt originally report. This leads me to today...

I recieved a call this evening saying exactly what i expected to hear. Im sorry but the ECU is water damaged and its going to cost £1400 to repair and source the part from vauxhall, we are going to have to arrange a refund and cancellation. I told him i would speak to my finance company and get back to him and here i am.. as i see it i have 2 options and im not sure what to do.

#1 Accept my money back sack it off and look for a different VXR

#2 He could be swindling me to re sell the car and make his money back by selling it on again at a higher price. in which case i take the car back and see for myself if what he is talking about is even true.

Is it worth my time and effort? could what he is saying even be true? there was 0 turbo issues on collection so i don't understand how a water damaged ECU has come up out of nowhere (no lights previous to indicate problems) Should i source a 2nd opinion from my own mechanic? Would it really cost £1400 if i was to arrange the repairs myself? if the repairs he has carried out are genuine is it worth me trying to cling onto this VXR given the parts it has had fitted at 75k miles.

Thanks for any help
    James.

So lets see you've had nothing but issues, the garage fixes these issues one by one but are now offering to refund you and for some reason you've needed the advise of the internet to bite his hand off?

Take the money.

Astra

V’s ecu’s are £1400 they quoted me that for mine flea bay £100-£300 then someone to program in. If that is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take the money and run!

What Reg is the VXR ? as that’ll be one to avoided.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

VXR enough

Take the money and get shot;

- You bought a cheap high miler with problems that will only go down in value;
    - Seller has said they have thrown parts in at it (i doubt they've actually done all they've said btw) but they clearly don't have any apparent technical understanding of what they're doing.
    - Its still not fixed after 7 weeks (thats almost 2 MONTHS)...so their diagnosis is probably wrong too.

The only good thing about this is hes giving a refund and letting you off the hook - mainly as its not an economical repair at VX prices

Get shot and get a different one - theres a million and one examples out there.

Also stay away from that garage as they sound clueless.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Take the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money all day. It's not even a conundrem worth thinking about given what's happened til now. Even if he was "swindling" you to sell the car on who cares. You've got a free pass.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXR enough

The swindling seems to have been them selling the car in the first place.

They probably knew the car had issues and hoped to palm it off on some idiot that'd just live with it, as most will.

The fact you've left it with them for 7 weeks probably tells them you'll want it sorted so the refund is an effort to save them repairing at their own expense....probably be back up for sale again soon to someone else in the same condition no doubt.

Etiher way this is a gift to you...refund refund refund!
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Typical scotsman. ...
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXR enough

Indeed.

Your jealous of our VXRs up here;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast