+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    VXR enough Cnking's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd August 2011
    Posts
    1,267

    Default The J still worth a buy?

    So I donít know much of whatís involved when it comes to the fact that Peugeot now owns vauxhall , but does this have any effect on the current cars would there be any reason not to buy a j?

    Iím not finished with my h yet but maybe in a year or 2 I want to buy a j.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    VXR enough
    Join Date
    23rd May 2013
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    Don't see any issue why not.

    I mean its not like a Saab situation - Vauxhall will still exist for years yet so the car will be supported parts wise from a dealer.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

  3. #3
    VXR enough Minismithy90's Avatar
    Join Date
    28th July 2010
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    Course is it.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

  4. #4
    VXR Nothing comes close IanJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Posts
    51,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnking View Post
    So I don’t know much of what’s involved when it comes to the fact that Peugeot now owns vauxhall , but does this have any effect on the current cars would there be any reason not to buy a j?

    I’m not finished with my h yet but maybe in a year or 2 I want to buy a j.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Being owned by GM or owned by PSA doesn't make a difference to a car that is already made and sold to be honest

    Astra

  5. #5
    VXR enough Cnking's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd August 2011
    Posts
    1,267

    Default

    No I suppose not probably a stupid question I think I was thinking about parts down the line . Whatís next for vxr range I guess itís completely done and we have no idea whatís next


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    VXRacing ahead vxrmjp's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th May 2017
    Posts
    675

    Default

    By the time Vauxhall stop the parts support, the car will likely be sitting in a scrap yard anyway. You can still get parts for Rovers and Saab's!
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

  7. #7
    VXR Nothing comes close IanJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Posts
    51,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnking View Post
    No I suppose not probably a stupid question I think I was thinking about parts down the line . What’s next for vxr range I guess it’s completely done and we have no idea what’s next


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    No immediate plans for another VXR model, but I'd not be surprised if something arrives once all the PSA integration is done and dusted in a few years

    Astra

  8. #8
    VXR Nothing comes close R15VXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th May 2008
    Posts
    21,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnking View Post
    So I donít know much of whatís involved when it comes to the fact that Peugeot now owns vauxhall , but does this have any effect on the current cars would there be any reason not to buy a j?

    Iím not finished with my h yet but maybe in a year or 2 I want to buy a j.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You best hurry up then

    AFAIK, they have stated that they have axed the GTC , so surely this will have a knock on effect with the VXR version - IanJ ??

  9. #9
    VXR Nothing comes close IanJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Posts
    51,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R15VXR View Post
    You best hurry up then

    AFAIK, they have stated that they have axed the GTC , so surely this will have a knock on effect with the VXR version - IanJ ??

    Think he's on about a second hand car in a couple of years - yes once they are all sold that's the end of the road for the 3dr Astra and the end of the VXR

    Astra

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts