+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Reverse light not working but ain't bulb gone

Hi guys my reverse light ain't working after bulb change, someone said check if cig lighter still works as it may be fuse as that's connected, as you may of guessed I tried and cig lighter works. Soooooo that leads me to advice from anyone with knowledge of similar problems. Im thinking that may be reverse 'switch', I'm lead to believe this can be located under the bonnet? Does anybody know how to change this and what part I'd need? Thanks

Looks like I'm on my own with this one lol Im assuming no reverse light an Mot fail

Have you checked your user manual mate to see which fuse serves it?

check the switch its down the front of the box near the boost pipe just unclip it and bridge the wires see if the lights come on if they do the switch is dead
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Also check the terminals where the bulb slots in- ensure no corrosion present on the terminals for a clean contact.
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

Thanks guys, I can't find a fuse related to reverse light on online manual so I'm ruling that out as everything else seems ok. I've checked connection with bulb and that seems fine, no corrosion present and looks like others, this leads me to the switch under bonnet.... problem is I can't find it, I've looked near boost pipe but there's so many connections I don't know what's what, can this 'switch' be disconnected from under bonnet, or under car

Look for wires leading into the front of the gearbox. Follow them down to the sensor.
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Looks like I'm on my own with this one lol Im assuming no reverse light an Mot fail
    Mine hasn't worked in 4 years lol. Changed the bulb, didn't work so left it. As far as I'm aware it isn't an MOT failure (unless I just have a friendly tester lol).

The terminals where the bulb sits in mine are a little corroded, although all other bulbs work fine. I just put it down to the corroded terminals and left it at that
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    Mine hasn't worked in 4 years lol. Changed the bulb, didn't work so left it. As far as I'm aware it isn't an MOT failure (unless I just have a friendly tester lol).

The terminals where the bulb sits in mine are a little corroded, although all other bulbs work fine. I just put it down to the corroded terminals and left it at that
    Lol that's what I've done.... Left it. I had it serviced 2 months ago and they charged me a tenner to change bulb, I didn't think nothing of it but obviously turns out it wasn't bulb lol guessing guy changed bulb then didn’t check. While I know it's a bit dangerous to not sort I too would probably leave it but it turns out Mot now checks reverse light as of may 2018. That's why trying to find solution

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Lol that's what I've done.... Left it. I had it serviced 2 months ago and they charged me a tenner to change bulb, I didn't think nothing of it but obviously turns out it wasn't bulb lol guessing guy changed bulb then didn’t check. While I know it's a bit dangerous to not sort I too would probably leave it but it turns out Mot now checks reverse light as of may 2018. That's why trying to find solution
    Ah I had mine MOT'd in march that might be why I didn't get pulled for it! Not to worry at the minute as my engine is shot anyway so i have bigger problems
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast