+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel Pump

VXRed

Default Fuel Pump

Hi everyone,... I dont have a VXR I know .. :P

I've got the SRI 200 and i'm wondering if you guys know do we share the same fuel pump setup?

Every now and then my car will drop all acceleration and hesitate for a second then back to normal, i'm presuming its the fuel pump on the way out.

Now I'm currently trying to sell the car and I don't really want to put a 300 quid OEM pump setup in it, can you strip the old pump out of the whole setup and just plug and play?? Pumps seem to cost a lot less than the Vauxhall setup.

Any ideas as i'm at a bit of a loss here with information on what pump they actually use.

Cheers

Chris

VXRed

Have any of you changed the pump in your in tank housing?

Have your tried injector cleaner. Or red x fuel system cleaner? Might be a bit of dirt in the system. Pick them up from Halfords

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Yeah I used some red X a few weeks before any problems due to it being on offer,.. Think ill go check if anyones got this BG44K stuff in as its coming up as the best stuff in reviews,
    Cheers mate

VXRed

I think its running better after I used some Wynn's Gold, will see how much fuel and stuff it uses now maybe just all needed a clean out like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by SriGuy View Post
    I think its running better after I used some Wynn's Gold, will see how much fuel and stuff it uses now maybe just all needed a clean out like you said.
    That’s good to hear mate hopefully that sorts it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread