+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I was recommended to remove the cdti air box and fit a AEM cone filter ,I was impressed ,don't sound loud at all like some ,having the EDS manifold together with stage 4 hybrid turbo fitted next week by wg motorworks but will have to wait till aug for the map tweak

Quote Originally Posted by WHASSUPJOE View Post
    I was recommended to remove the cdti air box and fit a AEM cone filter ,I was impressed ,don't sound loud at all like some ,having the EDS manifold together with stage 4 hybrid turbo fitted next week by wg motorworks but will have to wait till aug for the map tweak
    The aem comes are quiet aren't they.

What's a stage 4 hybrid? ....
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

stage 4 hybrid K04 made by turbodynamics ,wg motorworks has recommended ,come with bigger exhaust turbine billet wheel ,capable of 320-360 bhp depending on mods ,i'm hoping to achieve between these figures

VXRed

Had mine done at RnD, milltek catback with TX autosport cat and downpipe, Airtec cooler and mine had the CDTI box with standard filter. Made 291 bhp and 344 lb/ft torque

Quote Originally Posted by DanMc View Post
    Had mine done at RnD, milltek catback with TX autosport cat and downpipe, Airtec cooler and mine had the CDTI box with standard filter. Made 291 bhp and 344 lb/ft torque
    Lot of people say the TX pipe is restrictive but having owned one myself had the car Tuned and your results is safe to say that it ain't 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea what numbers mine would put out.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Are you VXR enough? ARCTIC MARK's Avatar

I'm hearing more and more about these AEM Cone Filters, may have to swap my Pipercross for one.
    Opel Astra Burg #686, Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks, Whiteline adjustable rear anti roll bar, Turbo smart actuator & recirculation valve, Brembo 4 pot brakes, DNA Performance FMIC, Enlarged top hat & pipework, 3" Turbo back stainless exhaust, 6k AFL's, Smoked side repeaters, Silvatec indicator lamps, Heko wind deflectors, Insignia washer jets, Crossover delete, Piper cross cone filter, SM Tuning Stage 3 - 296BHP / 340ftlb Torque.

Quote Originally Posted by R34nel View Post
    Well I had it mapped with the cone on today, pretty poor result in terms of figures...269bhp 318lbft.
    This was with a miltek cat back + precat pipe and airtec fmic inc map pipe and top hat and crossover delete.

They said that the exhaust was limiting power but I’m sure it’s more than that, because the first unmapped run only saw about 225bhp.

Curiously a while back I removed the vac line to the actuator and it only hit 16psi max.
    With the map it only sees 14-16 psi max (holds 14 in third, 16 in 5/6th) which I’m sure is low.

Besides the above it actually feels very quick.

Heyup, longtime no see.......

I think thats pretty impressive for a std VXR with a uprated cooler ( esp in this heat ) .... forget about the bhp, matters not, its the torque that counts and is impressive

IMO the exhaust is NOW holding you back and would take you to 300/340 however as its a custom map once you have a proper full system on you would need to go again to be retuned

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC MARK View Post
    I'm hearing more and more about these AEM Cone Filters, may have to swap my Pipercross for one.
    Mark.

I would deffo recommend one. Much safer on the MAF and not as intrusive in terms of volume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you VXR enough? ARCTIC MARK's Avatar

Cheers pal, think i'll get one.
    Opel Astra Burg #686, Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks, Whiteline adjustable rear anti roll bar, Turbo smart actuator & recirculation valve, Brembo 4 pot brakes, DNA Performance FMIC, Enlarged top hat & pipework, 3" Turbo back stainless exhaust, 6k AFL's, Smoked side repeaters, Silvatec indicator lamps, Heko wind deflectors, Insignia washer jets, Crossover delete, Piper cross cone filter, SM Tuning Stage 3 - 296BHP / 340ftlb Torque.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast