+ Reply to Thread
    VXR enough

Default Rear Vacumn Box/BCS Bypass

Bypassed the vacuum box/rear BCS yesterday and the car seems to drive better.

Can anyone explain why this is?

I couldn't see any splits in the rear vacume box and the sensor is new so why does it seem to drive smoother?
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

I've been considering this myself - is it smoother in 1st and 2nd?
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

VXR enough

Yes does seem to be.

Took all of 10 seconds to do...just reach down and unplug the long line that goes to the recirc valve from the vac box and connect it the inlet manifold
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

I know on the Astra it's meant to limit the boost in 1st and 2nd to reduce load on the gearbox, but when I was down at Rabbid he seemed to say that this wasn't possible on the Corsa (unless it's done differently and I misunderstood)
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

VXR newbie

I've been looking on how to do this for a few days now! Only thing I don't get is, what do I do with all the other lines and unconnected nipples? (Haha nipples!) do I just leave the holes to vent and take off all the other pipes?
    Last edited by Arctic_jim; 2nd July 2018 at 07:38 PM.

Be careful guys, Just make sure your positive that it's working the way the astra is because if your venting vacuum into atmosphere you could be leaning out your engine on boost. get it double checked because you assume it's OK i'm thinking if Richard said it can't be done i wouldn't disagree.

Jacob
    Clique 19
    Jacob Newman
    Rabbid Tunned 375BHP 330FTLBS - GTX2860R Shed Build

Itís not done to preserve the gearbox, the boost is limited in those gears whether the BCS is bypassed or not, and Iím pretty sure thatís just to improve driveability and reduce wheelspin.

On the Astra itís quite obvious because 3rd pulls better than second, which might be the opposite of what you would expect, this is only true on the standard mapping.
    Last edited by R34nel; 5th July 2018 at 09:16 PM.
    audi S3 stage 2+ Gone
    Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
    Stage 2 burg Astra gone
    standard Arden Astra current

+ Reply to Thread