+ Reply to Thread

Default Inspection of turbo!!!

Hi guys

So I was in the middle of changing the clutch and all of the shabang that goes with it. And thought Iíd inspect my turbo at same time.

Now I have a little play UP and DOWN not very much I have to say but I have a lot of play IN and OUT is this a bad sign the fins look mint no damage on them and all and all dry.

Question is if it needs replacing I was thinking just replacing the core inside what do your guys think about doing this donít want to pay for new turbo tbf

Any advice would be grateful (spesh if someone has done this before and would like share there results) thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much is a lot? A mm for example or more? Does the turbine touch the casing in anyway? If not it shouldn’t be a problem.

They will move ever so slightly from new as that’s the tolerance allowed to let oil flow and effectively float the shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant21 View Post
    How much is a lot? A mm for example or more? Does the turbine touch the casing in anyway? If not it shouldnít be a problem.

They will move ever so slightly from new as thatís the tolerance allowed to let oil flow and effectively float the shaft.
    Definitely more then a mm on the IN and OUT check. Iíd prob say 1-2 mm on UP AND DOWN check.

Turbines donít touch casing and spins quite freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rksmith View Post
    Hi guys

So I was in the middle of changing the clutch and all of the shabang that goes with it. And thought Iíd inspect my turbo at same time.

Now I have a little play UP and DOWN not very much I have to say but I have a lot of play IN and OUT is this a bad sign the fins look mint no damage on them and all and all dry.

Question is if it needs replacing I was thinking just replacing the core inside what do your guys think about doing this donít want to pay for new turbo tbf

Any advice would be grateful (spesh if someone has done this before and would like share there results) thanks.

You could contact AET in Yorkshire or better still Owen Developments and ask how much to upgrade to a k04h ( Hybrid ) !?

No point buying brand new ......

I noticed yesterday underneath the wastegate flap inside thereís a slight crack going down is it shagged?

So is this a new turbo job?

VXRed

Does your car perform differently when cold as to when hot as any leakage of boost may change when the turbo is hot and the metal expands and closes the crack.

Quote Originally Posted by d fry View Post
    Does your car perform differently when cold as to when hot as any leakage of boost may change when the turbo is hot and the metal expands and closes the crack.
    No different but is weak tbf mate

+ Reply to Thread