+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by El1te View Post
    What concerns me is that some bitter and twisted people with dashcams bait, stitch up, wind up, or cause a scene with other drivers, but fail to show the full story of events in the snippet they post online.

There was one a few years ago involving apparent poor/angry driving from an HGV when, in fact, rumours are that the camera-equipped car deliberately set out to bait the HGV and spent some minutes blocking and brake-checking the HGV before the posted clip (rear camera).
    hopefully the baited driver will also be a dashcam owner. i have one in case i am involved in an accident after an extremely close call with a scammer who cut in fast then slammed on. luckily i reacted and had better brakes.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebill View Post
    hopefully the baited driver will also be a dashcam owner. i have one in case i am involved in an accident after an extremely close call with a scammer who cut in fast then slammed on. luckily i reacted and had better brakes.
    But what happens if your footage has been overwritten because you didn't expect to need to defend against a NIP that won't turn up for some time after the incident?
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 (2016), Vauxhall Viva SE-AC (2016).

Quote Originally Posted by El1te View Post
    But what happens if your footage has been overwritten because you didn't expect to need to defend against a NIP that won't turn up for some time after the incident?

As I put above anything submitted as evidence needs to be physically provided, and the person accused needs to be made aware so they can counter or provide their own evidence - and they would have to provide the whole footage not just some edited seconds of you commiting an offence etc

Astra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3