+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Anyone had error code P0013 / P0014 before?

P0013 B camshaft position - actuator circuit (Bank 1). P0014 B camshaft position - timing over advanced or system performance (Bank 1).

Hi all,

Took my car on a run from Sheffield to Devon for a week away. On the way back we sat with cc on at 75 all the way back without stopping. About 5 hours, it was a hot day.

When we got off the M1 I went to accelerate off the roundabout to find her all flat and down on power. It sounded pretty normal just about 100bhp. If I dipped the clutch and revved it then it would work its way through the range pretty normally. No EM light came on at all.

We got home as we live about 10 mins from the motorway. I was knackered, turned the car off and left it to cool down over night. The next few days it drove an acted normally over short trips. Decided to risk a longer journey a few days later and within 20 mins the EML was on and we were flat again with no power. Since then, the EML has remained illuminated but the power loss has been intermittent.

Its been to the local indy garage who look after its maintenance and are spot on usually. They have code read it and got the P0013 and P0014 - This fault is something they've not come across very often before so recommended that I took it to the main dealer for them to look at.

Just wondered if anyone else had had the same code or symptoms before and if it was a costly resolution.

14 Plate on 50k btw.

Thanks

Someone else had this, I think it was the solenoid on the top of the engine (lefthand side).

I think this might be it
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ming+solenoids
    Last edited by Klystron; 3rd July 2018 at 07:15 PM.

VXRed blooded

john w did a good post on this at,

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-help-emoji849

VXRed

That's brilliant cheers lads

VXR newbie

As Carbon Flash said, John w has covered this.

I've seen a pair of solenoids go for as little as £35 new. It's an easy fix, plenty of videos on YouTube, takes 10 minutes.

VXRed

I just wanted to say a quick thanks

Ordered the pair of solenoids from auto vaux. Arrived today and fitted tonight. Took literally 10 mins to do both. No warning lights on the dash and took it for a 10 min blast around the local dual carriageway and the power is back. Hopefully thats fixed it for good. Pretty chuffed.

Cheers lads

+ Reply to Thread