+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Recirc valve for the honeywell/garret turbo

What recurculating valves are you guys using as an uprated one? Igot one for my gtc 1.6t 200 and it doesnt fit as uts a honeywell/garret thats on them now. Mines us a 2014 sidi. The one i bought was for the older engine that was in the H and older corsa vrx. The borg warner turbo. The circumference of the bit of the piston is too big to fit inside the turbo

VXR enough

Don't bother uprating; its a waste of money that does next to nothing and will be less durable than the standard one.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXRed

I got alot more noise than the standard one on my z16let in the astra h, the standard one is almost silent, just wondered if anyone knew which one fits in the smaller hile on the honeywell.

VXR enough

It may be quieter but its also lower maintenance.

If you go aftermarket you will need to take it apart to reinspect it periodically whereas standard is fit-and-forget.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXRed

The factory one is a bit of rubber and a spring. Even has a plastic facia as well. A terrible contraption. Never had a moments bother with an aftermarket.

The standard ones are fine on stock boost... Turn up the boost (and heat) and they split. I changed my recirc on a turbo that was only 2 years old (and it wasn't split) and picked up 2psi of boost. Car readjusted bcs duty cycle after a little while and returned to normal boost, but still, shows it was leaking boost.
    Astra GSi ~ VXR Injectors / VXR 80mm AFM / VXR Turbo / CDTi Airbox / TS Recirc / K&N / 3" Piper Exhaust / CS FMIC / EBC YellowStuff / Bridgestone S001 / Bilstein B12 Pro-kit / Whiteline RARB
    CS Mapped 285 BHP / 340 Ft.lbs

VXR enough

The standard ones are fine on uprated boost as well - plenty of Astra drivers using standard ones (its the same part) with more power than a Corsa can chuck out.

They may eventually split but that'll be with x thousand miles on them - if you compare a well worn standard part with a new aftermarket part then of course aftermarket will "seem" better.

Put if like this my standard recirc valve did 30k/9 years on a "D" until i removed it to uprate (it was still fine btw)...the uprated Forge part lasted about 12K/2 year before it blew one of its seals apart.

Standard ones are about a third the price as well.

Your choice though.

+ Reply to Thread