+ Reply to Thread

Default Funny Steering Noise (Nurburgring ed)

Hi all,
    Hoping someone on here will be able to enlighten me on the characteristics of a nurburgring ed.

Whenever I turn the steering wheel, pretty much from 50% to full, at slowish speed, I get a weird noise, which hopefully you can pick out from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ7EMSmPACE

My garage seem to think it is normal with it having LSD, but I find it hard to believe personally, though willing to be proven wrong.

Many thanks

VXR newbie

Mine to been in a few times but nothing done

Old bump but exact same noise as this on my new burg. Is it actually the lsd or a gearbox issue? My box seems sound but that noise cringe everytime I hear it. Ive found many threads about it and no real answer.

Mines going in next week see what they say.

VX performed a gearbox oil change and the issue went away. Apparently it's the LSD. I queried this with VX customer services and they came back with change the gear box oil annually or every 20k, whichever comes first. I ended up rejecting the car so can't vouch that it fully resolved it. I got a clubsport which has the same setup, and whilst it is very quiet in comparison, it does groan the odd time, gearbox oil was last changed on this July 17, but it's only covered about 6k since then so im going to get it done later this year.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by srihaggis View Post
    VX performed a gearbox oil change and the issue went away. Apparently it's the LSD. I queried this with VX customer services and they came back with change the gear box oil annually or every 20k, whichever comes first. I ended up rejecting the car so can't vouch that it fully resolved it. I got a clubsport which has the same setup, and whilst it is very quiet in comparison, it does groan the odd time, gearbox oil was last changed on this July 17, but it's only covered about 6k since then so im going to get it done later this year.
    How had was the rejection mate? I'm having a bit of murder with that at the moment.

My Astra J VXR is doing exactly this and a few other funny noises. Brand new as well and the pigs ain't having none of it.

Quote Originally Posted by divybc View Post
    How had was the rejection mate? I'm having a bit of murder with that at the moment.

My Astra J VXR is doing exactly this and a few other funny noises. Brand new as well and the pigs ain't having none of it.
    I didn't reject the car just because of the LSD and gearbox issues, I had lots of other issues as well "Network Quality Approved Used" means nothing it seems.

Having owned 3 cars from new in the past, I do believe that you have to give the manufacturer time to resolve the issue under warranty to begin with, before being able to fully reject. My last brand new car was a Corsa E, the amount of software issues were unreal. The first fault occurred on that when I was doing handover in the carpark with 7miles on the clock. I should have just rejected it there and then - sadly I didn't and later wasn't able to reject but I managed to get it to a point where I could trade it in without issues being too obvious.... this then lead me to the Nürburgring edition which turned out to be a bag of rubbish, now in a clubsport, been spot on.

+ Reply to Thread