+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default vxr8 ls3 6.2 tunning - diagnostics

Hi ,
    I have a 2009 vxr8 with a ls3 6.2 490bhp
    it has just had MOT and passed just (tickover emissions high)

I need some advice on a good service centre that can do diagnostics as most garages don't even know what the car is .

have called Walkinshaw but their waiting list is super long I am in Portsmouth area any help please.
    I am not looking to get more bhp just a healthier engine

VXRed

Hi Wack. Have you tried picador in Southampton hope this helps good luck?

Try Carl Herkes, he is in Southampton as well. He runs a company with an Australian called LS Remote Tuning (Facebook it). I haven't used them personally but they are very highly regarded on the Facebook group.

VXR newbie

I think I may have seen Carl at vxr8 meet at Elite motors at bordon, will try and facebook him. Thanks for your help

Yeah, I think Carl was were. Blue Maloo?

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by wack View Post
    Hi ,
    I have a 2009 vxr8 with a ls3 6.2 490bhp
    it has just had MOT and passed just (tickover emissions high)

I need some advice on a good service centre that can do diagnostics as most garages don't even know what the car is .

have called Walkinshaw but their waiting list is super long I am in Portsmouth area any help please.
    I am not looking to get more bhp just a healthier engine
    Might be worth checking if they followed the testing guidelines correctly. The engine and Old temps should at normal operating temperature otherwise the Low Temp enrichment is will be active causing a High reading. This part of MOT test requirements. The vxr8's will take about 30 mins for coolant and oil to reach normal operating temp.
    Last edited by charlesH; 23rd July 2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: corrected typo's
    MIEEE

VXR newbie

Thanks for your response sorry I have taken so long to reply , I am going to get the car checked and remapped if needed although am not sure where yet .
    love the car and the sound, just seems to be a nightmare when you need work done

Yeah, they're not the easiest, but you'll soon find a local expert and you'll want them to do all the work for you from then on!
    In your area Carl is probably your best bet (did you find him on Facebook?), or Walkinshaw if their waiting time has dropped.

+ Reply to Thread