+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Rim and tyres rubbing on shocks

I got a 2012 Nürburgring editon completely standard wheels ect but for some reason the left passenger side rim is scrapping and rubbing on the shock absorber and I can hear a knocking noise when going left and right from that side as well I took it to a garage and they said they can’t see anything and advised putting 5mm spacers on...is it really safe to do so and anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Quote Originally Posted by Reecez97 View Post
    I got a 2012 Nürburgring editon completely standard wheels ect but for some reason the left passenger side rim is scrapping and rubbing on the shock absorber and I can hear a knocking noise when going left and right from that side as well I took it to a garage and they said they can’t see anything and advised putting 5mm spacers on...is it really safe to do so and anyone have any ideas what it could be?
    If its all standard then spacers should not be needed.

If its knocking it could be a drop link or broken spring, a broken spring would explain why it would be rubbing as it will be lower.

VXR newbie

I’ll have to get a second opinion the wheel is also slightly buckled could that have something to do with the rubbing on the shock but it’s also worth saying there’s still the knocking noise when turning left and right when stationery

Sounds like a broken spring to me even if you had a buckled wheel it wouldn’t rub
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

YouTube channel :yoda racing

Instagram yoda_craig85

I’d say broken Spring.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

The only part that could rub the wheel would be the broken spring itself; the wheel should never rub the body of the shock, even with the suspension fully compressed. Ie, even with no spring fitted at all and the car sat on it's ****, the wheels and suspension shouldn't collide.

Sounds to me like something might be damaged or bent.
    Astra GSi ~ VXR Injectors / VXR 80mm AFM / VXR Turbo / CDTi Airbox / TS Recirc / K&N / 3" Piper Exhaust / CS FMIC / EBC YellowStuff / Bridgestone S001 / Bilstein B12 Pro-kit / Whiteline RARB
    CS Mapped 285 BHP / 340 Ft.lbs

+ Reply to Thread