+ Reply to Thread

Default Kyle's Corsa D Lime Green Nürburgring Eds

So, picked up my Nürburgring Ed from a main dealer last week after wanting one since they were first announced, what can I say, it's such a nice motor to drive. I actually part-chopped a very well spec'd Corsa E in for it. Having owned 3 Corsa D's previously the E wasn't doing anything for me.

As far as I can tell there are no factory options, unsure if hill start was part of the original spec but its got that anyway. I'm considering changing the exhaust for something that will compliment the car but not be too loud, eg I want to be able to do longish journeys without the aid of ear defenders - I've been there before

For a car of it's age I didn't expect it to be 100% fault free, although the service book was stamped last month (not VX), looking at the oil i'm not so convinced so will be getting it serviced shortly as it runs a touch lumpy when cold, and when turning the steering wheel it makes a horrid grinding noise, I think it's the top mount bearing but it's booked back in at VX for this to be looked at, got a years warranty so might as well use it. Not sure what else I've got in store for this motor at the moment

Looks a lovely motor however I would want the lumpy idle looked at when cold especially whilst u still have warranty welcome to the vxr fold
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

YouTube channel :yoda racing

Instagram yoda_craig85

Quote Originally Posted by yodacraig View Post
    Looks a lovely motor however I would want the lumpy idle looked at when cold especially whilst u still have warranty welcome to the vxr fold
    It is booked in to be looked at for the weird steering noise next week but i'll mention the lumpy idle as well. I'm also going to get them to look at the gearbox, having read some of the horror stories on here i'm sure it has symptoms of bearing failure. The sort of thing you don't pick up on a test drive as you don't get 'the full experience' of a 5min quick round some country lanes.

Hi and welcome, burgs look awesome and green is the best colour imo, great car

Thanks. This vxr journey may be short lived, I'm taking it to an independent mechanic tomorrow for an inspection report. I believe it has been involved in an unrecorded incident, every time I look at it there is more and more evidence of a vehicle hitting it on the drivers side, not forgetting the gearbox and steering issues im currently experiencing.
    I'm going to push for a return, just checking my legal side of the terms before initiate that. Never thought I would have had a problem with a main dealer. The main evidence is the fixed glass on the body sides has clearly been replaced and a poor paint finish around the windows also, e.g. it's totally different to the passenger side, and the vinyl on this side has been fixed using super glue, evidently, plus a lot of other issues. Sad state of affairs chaps.

Ahh that sucks :/ Hope you get it all resolved!

If you do manage to return it show the reg so we/any potential buyers can give it a wide birth!

Honestly a working ‘Burg is an absolutely fantastic car. Don’t let it put you off!
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

To bring the situation up to speed, we managed to resolve one of the issues but the bulk of it needed a lot of work and there was no guarantee the issues could be resolved, so the dealer offered to take it back off me.

I do have a replacement motor lined up, not a burg sadly but having done a thorough inspection, and having seen all the paperwork in detail I am satisfied this vehicle has been cared for by an enthusiast. Will post more when I get it.

+ Reply to Thread